Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM

150 posts, read 474,596 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to extend a greeting to the Missouri folks. I drove through MO last year, on a 2,340 mile move across the country from Utah to Florida. Missouri was the third state I crossed, and it was an interesting experience.

Kansas City was my first stop. I got lost in the city, but a couple of people were kind enough to show me how to get to I-70. I stopped for barbecue just outside the city, and it was awesome. The rural area between Kansas City and St. Louis was certainly relaxing to look at...it was nice to see some wide open space after being in the city, and it seemed to glow in the afternoon sun. I didn't see as much of St. Louis as I did of Kansas City, but I did notice that there were a lot of ruined brick buildings and homes. I got some pics of the gateway arch before I crossed the Mississippi.

The only thing I didn't like about MO's roads was the fact that they undulate like wavy bacon. The only flat part I saw was the area near the Nebraska border. Things started to get wavy just north of St. Joseph...

I'm going to be visiting my family in Utah this summer, so I'm looking forward to crossing Missouri again. I may plan a few road trips to explore the rest of the state in the future. Missouri's great, but I like Florida too much to leave it behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
That's the problem with driving through St. Louis on 70- it's not the nicest of ares of the city you pass through. If you have time to stop in and explore some more I think you'd find it a lot nicer than that awful stretch of North city shows you!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,787,328 times
If you get a chance to drive across Missouri again, drop south to Hwy 60 and go thru the Ozarks. It's a beautiful drive. Hwy 70 needs some serious work and is dangerous with the big rigs--we should know, we almost got killed by one a couple of years ago on 70, and the hwy patrolman told me we were very lucky compared to some he's seen. But 60 is new and goes thru some amazing country.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,342 times
Haai, welcome to our forum.
Glad you enjoyed your trip through this wonderful state.
I agree with stepka, you really need to see the Ozarks. The hills and valleys are just amazing to see. I have only lived here for a year, but could not imagine being anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri