U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,665 times
The School districts in Missouri are pushing to get Total Control of Home schoolers Lets don't let it happem. They are crazy control freaks

rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 7,746 times
hi i have a question? my son is a senior, he has attended this school for 13yrs. he was recently accused for making pelvic thrust movements to a student teacher, he has several witness stating he didnt do it, to one that is unknown that said he did.. he was sent to the office (upset) because of what was said and was accompanied by the Principal, Assistant Principal and student teacher and at a point before it got heated he asked to call his mother because he fight uncomfortable from the threats and comments and was denied he attempted to walk out of the office to call his mom and was told if he touched the phone they would call the police.. so he feared calling his mother. the second attempted to ask and wantiing to leave the principal forces him which he indicated he just laid his hand on his shoulder but it was more to it than just that.. my son said they were laughing at him and stated they have the authority to say and do what they wanted and even keep him from graduating.. He was upset and was trying to explain to them and ask them why are they doing this his LIFE (career) college acceptance and scholarships were lying in there hands and this was important to him. His GPA 3.3 and he is an active and bright young male and is well like by many. They called me and explain that my son was out of control which he wasnt (yes he was loud) in the background still asking why or they doing this and that he hadnt done anything.. the ending results were he was suspended for 5 days and is not allowed to attend his senior trip (double punishment i think) and was told to me and my son tht if he does anything I MEAN ANYTHING else he wouldnt be allowed to graduate..IS THAT FAIR? i called the board of education and spoke with the director and he told me that the Principal had the (authority) (and this is the word you used most of the conversation)to do what ever he wanted to do. he had the authority to put his hands on my son and aldo not allow him to call his mom... I feel little heres my son that has worked hard to get where he is at and has earned it DEARLY.. and heres someone that can just take it all away from me and him all he has to do is say the word and poof its done.. Its a PARENTS DREAM to see her child especially in these days in time to see her child walk across the stage and receive his DIPLOMA.. and also he looked forward to his senior trip most of the kids do when they become seniors to go on there senior trip to Disney World/Universal Studios.. my daughter gradutated from there last year and went and now he want get the chance.. what can i do.. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri