Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times

Advertisements

i am in agreement with ozarks on this. there should not be a mileage tax. i drive 60 miles per day for work. it was my decision to live this far out, but why should i be taxed for something else to drive to work. taxes are getting quite out of hand. i personally believe if they used the tax money the proper way rather than on pet projects we would have quite a good balance of money in our coffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
MoDot needs to be overhauled from top to bottom. I'm sick of seeing one guy work while the other three watch. Why the governors and the state legislators have allowed this nonsense is beyond me.

I will give MoDot credit on the snow removal. IMO, they do do a good job on that.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I'm sick of seeing one guy work while the other three watch.
This seems to be a common complaint that crosses all state lines. People here complain about the same thing with CalTrans and there's only snow in the mountains for them to contend with.

I understand someone invented a tool that will permit the department to cut its payroll by at least a third. It's a shovel that stand up all by itself!

Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM

167 posts, read 451,499 times
if you hate the idea of a mileage tax, be sure to scream and yell to your congresscritters if you ever hear any debate about OBDIII for new cars. OnStar on most GM cars and SYNC on new fords have the capability to transmit your every movement to the government, and are features of OBDIII. OBDIII as originally developed would mandate all new cars to be trackable, and remotely shut off/depowered. starting in 2005 many cars went "fly-by-wire" with no actual control between the gas pedal and the throttle body. proponents said that high speed chases could be stopped (true) and criminals could be easily tracked (also true) and cars not in good tune could be referred to smog check stations if the internal computers detect issues (also very true) but the prospect of government knowing our every move, and possibly controlling it does not sit well with me.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Taxman - The Beatles

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maz9ddxEQnM

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 02-22-2009 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: removed copyrighted lyrics, added youtube link in its place... ;)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri