Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,328,276 times

Advertisements

Ok as some maybe aware we went to Osage Beach area ... I did not like because of the crowd .. but I did not really get out of town kwim?

I went to Springfield - over all I was not impressed ........ It had lots going on but I did not feel it was clean ... organized etc... just made me feel a little like St. Louis and I dont like St. Louis .......now if going to city is going to Springfield for us for jobs etc then so be it ..

Can we compare these to places as far as work / play/ family / friends / life?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Now on another note can we compare

Branson area to Osage Beach and Springfield area?

Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM

and yes now I notice I wrote Is anyone - Duuuuuuuuuuuu! gesh sorry everyone!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 PM

90 posts, read 163,283 times
Hi 2b,

We live in the Kimberling City area (Branson area) on Table Rock Lake...great lake, but we might be moving to...North Carolina. we would like to be closer to the big water. The Branson area (except for the strip (show area) is pretty laid back. Personally, I don't care for Lake of the Ozarks (deadly lake), whereas Table Rock is a lot safer (less traffic) (less partying). Sometimes we go to Springfield to shop...they have everything whereas our area is limited.

Any specific ?s, maybe I can help. I usually frequent the NC coastal forum and think I have seen you there. What area are you in?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:58 AM

Not me in nc .. lol Im in Illinois .. only 4 hours away.

Is there an area that is affordable .. many homes are in the 350+ area in that area

Im not sure where Kimberling City is but I am sure I seen it before ..maybe on a map or doing a general house search.

I honestly do not want to live on top of the water. To visit yes but to live on top of no thanks. I have a home daycare and plan to reopen wherever I relocate at .......and I need to be where I am needed - clients wont drive to just any location .. the sad facts are when it comes to daycare most do not even look deep they just place there child where it is convenient for them job / pocket book.

I want to be near the city but not in the city .. I prefer the country life .. maybe a few miles out of town on a good road..

I don't think we will ever own a boat - my hubby is a land person lol .. believe me I tried but no budging...
Thanks for your help.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Not me in nc .. lol Im in Illinois .. only 4 hours away.

Is there an area that is affordable .. many homes are in the 350+ area in that area

Im not sure where Kimberling City is but I am sure I seen it before ..maybe on a map or doing a general house search.

I honestly do not want to live on top of the water. To visit yes but to live on top of no thanks. I have a home daycare and plan to reopen wherever I relocate at .......and I need to be where I am needed - clients wont drive to just any location .. the sad facts are when it comes to daycare most do not even look deep they just place there child where it is convenient for them job / pocket book.

I want to be near the city but not in the city .. I prefer the country life .. maybe a few miles out of town on a good road..

I don't think we will ever own a boat - my hubby is a land person lol .. believe me I tried but no budging...
Thanks for your help.
Hi 2B, We are originally from sw Michigan, Kimberling City is west of Branson. The main attraction for us was the lake, but it sounds like you are looking for land. There is affordable housing here...much cheaper than St.Louis where we also lived. Our home is 350+. We will probably sell it ourselves as our neighborhood is very saleable (I think I made up that word!) But you can really get a good value for your money in SW MO. Maybe Nixa or Ozark. Not sure, I will see if I can find out anything for you. How much acreage do you want?

You definitely wouldn't want to be in my area...too long to get anywhere for your clients, lots of curves & hills (Ozarks country...small mountains).

Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,537,525 times
jrsgirl.... It is me Kareybear that you probably see in the NC thread because I live there and now moving to Missouri. Thanks for helping my friend out she really needs it

Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Kareybear, thanks for the rep. point. I'm finally getting the hang of this forum, I think. I figured I could help the Missouri wannabes, just like the NC people are helping me. Where do you live in NC, Kareybear?

Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 17,425 times
Hi 2b and jrsgirl,

Just caught your thread about Nixa and Ozark ... both are great places but the taxes in Nixa are almost double compared to Springfield or Ozark - they have had alot of growth in the past few years and while the infrastructure seems to be supporting it great, the taxes will add approx. $200/mo to a mortgage in the $200,000 - $250,000 range. Ozark might be a better choice for a little bit of country with lower taxes ... Rogersville is a real up-and-coming area (about 6mi E of Springfield and 4mi N of Ozark) that should support your daycare business, provide a little bit of "out of the city" living but is still really close to Springfield, Ozark, Branson (about 25mi), etc. The same is true of Republic.

jrsgirl ... I lived in Charlotte, NC about 15yrs ago and loved it! Good luck in your move to the Carolinas!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,537,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsgirl View Post
Kareybear, thanks for the rep. point. I'm finally getting the hang of this forum, I think. I figured I could help the Missouri wannabes, just like the NC people are helping me. Where do you live in NC, Kareybear?
Jrsgirl I live on Oak Island. Yep that is right on a island. Beautiful Oak trees all over until these Dang builders tares them down. Hopefully when they are done building oak trees are still around but then again Hurricanes can take of them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri