U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,735,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakeem989 View Post
During a recent road trip, I stopped at a walmart in Missouri and also got stopped by some police officers for speeding I guess. I think outside of cities i mentioned, this state takes the cake for clear overt racism towards black people.

I really do not want to go through what I experienced while I was just trying to drive through this state, but it seems that white people have some much hidden hatred towards black people in this state. Almost as if they think we are a disease or something and I am not even from the state. Also stories like what occured in this Walmart store me in kennett, mo does not surprise me at all. Woman to plead guilty to misdemeanors in Missouri Wal-Mart scuffle - CNN.com

What is wrong with the people in this state?
Yea I'd say your right.But we will take your money just the same next time you visit.

Oh some towns the Klan is still very active my Daughter and Boyfriend got ran out of one.Said they didn't know even though it was all over the News that they ran the town

hillman

Unread 11-21-2009, 07:51 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,040,891 times
Quote:
During a recent road trip, I stopped at a walmart in Missouri and also got stopped by some police officers for speeding I guess. I think outside of cities i mentioned, this state takes the cake for clear overt racism towards black people.

I really do not want to go through what I experienced while I was just trying to drive through this state, but it seems that white people have some much hidden hatred towards black people in this state. Almost as if they think we are a disease or something and I am not even from the state. Also stories like what occured in this Walmart store me in kennett, mo does not surprise me at all. Woman to plead guilty to misdemeanors in Missouri Wal-Mart scuffle - CNN.com

In one of your other posts, you empathize with ex-Chicago Cub and resident bipolar/psycho Milton Bradley - as one-half of a mixed-race marriage, allow me to state that your credibility is highly suspect.

And DinsdalePirhana is correct - racism is everywhere, just rise above it.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 11-21-2009 at 08:20 PM..

Unread 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

14,461 posts, read 15,068,148 times
Quote:

I suppose in a state that has a population of 5,595,211 there is going to be a percentage that are racist. I would think that the same percentage exists just about everywhere, give or take one way or the other.

You cannot paint everyone here with the same brush. I know some very prejudice folks and I also know some folks who have in-laws that are black - sometimes they are the same people, which makes for some mighty interesting conversations, as you can imagine. LOL

people are people. the good. the bad. they ugly. We (Missourians) are no worse and no better than anyone else.

20yrsinBranson

Unread 11-23-2009, 09:18 AM

5,828 posts, read 10,626,054 times
Quote:

That woman pushed ahead of them in line and pushed their stuff out of the way. It had nothing to do with her being black. She could have been white and people still would have a problem with it. She was being inconsiderate to those other people in the store. If she got beat up by the cops (like she claims), then she simply brought it on herself.

Your post makes me question your motivation. You're not some crusader for equal rights. You look for racism, or what you want to call racism. You make trouble where there is no trouble. Are there racists in Missouri? Yes, certainly. There are racists (black racists, white racists, Hispanic racists), in every part of the country. Do I hear racial slurs occasionally? Sure. Mostly it's just kids trying to see what they can get away with. I don't hear it out of adults much. Do I think Missouri is more racist than anywhere else? Not all.

I think you're trolling because you want to make people mad. You don't care about equality. You just want attention.

Unread 11-25-2009, 12:27 AM

325 posts, read 479,471 times
I'm laughing because St. Louis and Kansas City have terrible problems with racism! You need to get better informed! LOL!

Unread 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM

714 posts, read 777,226 times
Don't you guys think the troll has been fed enough?

Unread 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,109,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
This is clearly a troll, for he/she uses the currently despised phrase "black people" (now used only by racist white people) rather than the currently accepted "African-Americans." Hakeem989 is a white person posing as a black person.
what the hell dude? how is "black person" racist? and how is "white person" NOT racist if that is so?

are white people called European Americans? noooooo.

Unread 11-25-2009, 08:38 AM

2,663 posts, read 3,790,932 times
Just a generic observation on some debates like this. I think many people often mistake a hybrid form of classism for racisim.

Take myself for instance. I don't care what color anyone is. Never have. Never will. However, I care how you act as an individual person. If you act like "white trash" or "ghetto" (redneck, obnoxious, loud, profane, thug, etc) ... I probably will not think much of you. If you act like a sane white person or black person, I will definitely like you. Just because I do not like the foul-acting white person or black person does not make me a racist, however. It just makes me a closet classit or elitist or whatever term is given to people who appreciate more "evolutionerized" people.

And OP, you might have experienced a hint of racism and I'm sorry (assuming you did not act in a way that warrented the hybrid-classism I was speaking of). But please don't say the whole state of Missouri is racist due to one incident.

Last edited by Azalea City Man; 11-25-2009 at 09:41 AM..

Unread 11-25-2009, 10:41 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,100,149 times
I feel the same way as Oscottscotto. But will add that everyone is bit racist, including myself. I do become color blind after I get to know the person.

I consider myself liberal and open-minded, but if I see a strange, ghetto-dressed black guy walking on my street, I'm keeping an eye on him.

Is this racism or classism?

Unread 11-25-2009, 10:43 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,100,149 times
What about being followed by a large black dude in a dark parking garage?

And having him yell phrases like "hey whiteboy"and "hey honky lips" ("honky lips" should have been a clue)

It was dark, he was speaking "ebonic" and I was scared.

When I got to the top level, I realized that the scary black guy was a friend of mine, and messing with my head. We were watching National Lampoon's vacation together a few weeks before and had a good laugh when the locals of Saint Louis spray painted "honky lips" on Clark Griswalds car.

Racist or self preservation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri