Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:23 AM

7 posts, read 19,354 times

Advertisements

During a recent road trip, I stopped at a walmart in Missouri and also got stopped by some police officers for speeding I guess. I think outside of cities i mentioned, this state takes the cake for clear overt racism towards black people.

I really do not want to go through what I experienced while I was just trying to drive through this state, but it seems that white people have some much hidden hatred towards black people in this state. Almost as if they think we are a disease or something and I am not even from the state. Also stories like what occured in this Walmart store me in kennett, mo does not surprise me at all. Woman to plead guilty to misdemeanors in Missouri Wal-Mart scuffle - CNN.com

What is wrong with the people in this state?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,383 times
This is clearly a troll, for he/she uses the currently despised phrase "black people" (now used only by racist white people) rather than the currently accepted "African-Americans." Hakeem989 is a white person posing as a black person.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakeem989 View Post
During a recent road trip, I stopped at a walmart in Missouri and also got stopped by some police officers for speeding I guess. I think outside of cities i mentioned, this state takes the cake for clear overt racism towards black people.

I really do not want to go through what I experienced while I was just trying to drive through this state, but it seems that white people have some much hidden hatred towards black people in this state. Almost as if they think we are a disease or something and I am not even from the state. Also stories like what occured in this Walmart store me in kennett, mo does not surprise me at all. Woman to plead guilty to misdemeanors in Missouri Wal-Mart scuffle - CNN.com

Nothing's wrong that I've noticed and I live here. I've not seen any of what you say you experienced. Of course, I haven't been stopped for speeding, nor do I have an attitude that might cause others react in a less than pleasant manner. Perhaps what you experience is a reflection on your approach. Next time, check your shoulder chip at the state line.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakeem989 View Post
Also stories like what occured in this Walmart store me in kennett, mo does not surprise me at all. Woman to plead guilty to misdemeanors in Missouri Wal-Mart scuffle - CNN.com

People in the rural part of this state don't put up with other people's crap no matter what color they are, sir or ma'am. I read that story you linked to in an attempt to find how that young woman was treated racially in Wal-Mart. Here's what it says:

"Witnesses and police say Ellis cut in front of customers at a Wal-Mart in January 2007, pushed aside merchandise belonging to another customer to make room for hers on the conveyor belt and, after police were called to the scene, kicked one officer in the shin and split another's lip. The prosecution has also alleged the Ellis went 'ballistic in a profane tirade' that continued when police officers arrived."

Sir or ma'am, if you act like that in rural Missouri, you're not going to be accepted, no matter what color you are. If you really are a black man or woman instead of one posing as such, perhaps you have the same attitude. That would explain why Missourians weren't nice to you and are glad you went back to wherever you live.

I pity your neighbors and co-workers.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:50 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Regarding the walmart case: Idiots will always be idiots. Combine stupidity with arrogance and a misplaced sense of entitlement and you get nothing but trouble.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 AM

938 posts, read 3,506,169 times
So, you were:

1. Stopped for speeding. I'm assuming you were speeding? I hate to break it to you but Missouri authorities stop people of every race and ethnicity every day for speeding in this state.

2. You stopped at a Wal Mart. Sounds pretty darn racist to me.

3. A young woman allows a scuffle over something as minor as standing in a checkout line at a Wal-Mart escalate to the point of the police being called, assaults two police officers, then calls the race card to remove herself from responsibility of her own actions, and Missouri is a racist state?

Perhaps if one were not to view every situation through the lens of race, they would realize that few of these actions are racially motivated.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
Hakeem, perhaps if you would take responsibility for your own actions (speeding), instead of blaming others, and crying racism, you might earn the respect you think your owed.
and don't forget to troll over to the Arkansas Forum, you'll get alot of bites there too.............

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
MOD NOTE: For the purposes of open discussion, letting those interested have dialog about this situation, this thread will remain open. Do NOT post anything outside to the letter or spirit of the ToS. If in doubt, don't post... this thread will be monitored ever closely.

Now, as a member, I do not believe that rural MO is any more racist than any other areas. There are other threads within this forum, for example, that give positive examples of how people relate to others. With that said, yes, there are bigots and jerks all throughout the state, the region, the nation, the world. Often times, people receive that which they themselves beget, by their own attitudes and actions. Back to your post [which has high flavor of trolling] specifically, amazingly wonderful that you can paint such a broad brush about an entire state, during a few hours drive through it...

Old 11-21-2009, 11:00 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I lived in N MO for over a decade and saw no such racism. Our church even had a mixed race congregation. Work place was no different. Everyone got along.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Racism is everywhere. Its just more on the surface here. I here derogatory statements every day from people I regard as well educated and middle-class. I know it exists in NY and Ca, but I also see less of voluntary segregation in those states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri