Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 PM

63 posts, read 188,033 times

Advertisements

The weather man kept saying a blizzard was coming to our area, but I never believe the weather men. But this time they were right. We have had snow, strong winds, ice, freezing rain, the whole thing. My husband looked out on our front porch this morning and he saw a small rabbit running back and forth on the porch trying to find someplace to get away from the terrible wind.
Thank goodnessI didn't have to get out and go some place. I just turned on the fireplace and watched the snow come down.
I have the free program Weatherbug on my computer, and I always check it. It had shown the blizzard was coming. It's icon is always on the bottom of my desk top, and blinks if bad weather is coming, so that you can bring up the site and check it out. It even has radar maps, and I can tell just how far the storm has progressed.
I think if you just type in 'weather bug.com' the site comes up, and it is free.
Arundel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
The weather man kept saying a blizzard was coming to our area, but I never believe the weather men. But this time they were right. We have had snow, strong winds, ice, freezing rain, the whole thing. My husband looked out on our front porch this morning and he saw a small rabbit running back and forth on the porch trying to find someplace to get away from the terrible wind.
Thank goodnessI didn't have to get out and go some place. I just turned on the fireplace and watched the snow come down.
I have the free program Weatherbug on my computer, and I always check it. It had shown the blizzard was coming. It's icon is always on the bottom of my desk top, and blinks if bad weather is coming, so that you can bring up the site and check it out. It even has radar maps, and I can tell just how far the storm has progressed.
I think if you just type in 'weather bug.com' the site comes up, and it is free.
Arundel
Thank you, Arundel for you detailed report. I just checked out the weatherbug site. Good one. It shows 6 degrees here in mid MO where we live. Brrrrr. But it will 'warm' up to the upper 20s later today.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Around zero here this morning with wind too. Wow. Maybe I need to move to California to get away from all this.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,856,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Around zero here this morning with wind too. Wow. Maybe I need to move to California to get away from all this.
Come on over. It was 0 here in N. Cal. this morning, 8 below the night before.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM

218 posts, read 579,909 times
Default Different areas of Missouri - what is the weather like?

I need some help. I am shopping for a rural property in Missouri. Now, I need some of you learned folks in MO to fill me in on weather. This is for my sister - she loves winter and not summer. So, which areas colder, more Fall and a little less humidity? Thanks so much.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM

140 posts, read 273,716 times
Well, she'll definitely want to stay out of the southern part of MO. The summers get plenty hot -- high temps in the 90s are common in July and August -- and plenty of humidity. I don't know if the northern part of the state is much better, but you'll probably get some replies from folks that do know.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,856,667 times
I'm in Northern California and I am moving TO Missouri for more summer and less winter if that tells you anything. I lived in Northern Missouri for 2 years and I'm moving back this summer because I love the moister air and warmer nights.

Has your sister perhaps looked into a more northern state if she's looking for cooler weather and less humidity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri