U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:59 AM

207 posts, read 769,141 times
I'd be wary of moving there because it is in a flood plain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,048,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
I'd be wary of moving there because it is in a flood plain.
You're generalizing too much. There are certainly parts of Winfield that are in the flood plain, but that's only a small portion of the total area. The vast majority of homes in Winfield stayed high and dry during the recent flooding.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick View Post
Hey sounds like things have not changed...Ha! Wow Troy has a WAL-MART!!!!! That has been there for how long?.....Anyway back to Winfield where we were......I hated it more than 20 years ago.....unless you were inbred and born there you won't be accepted by the majority of people you meet....School whew....I hope it is better than it was.....its bigger now but probably full of all the kids bred by the inbred kids I had to deal with!!!! HA HA!!!! For the one saying head south!!!! Wow.....hope you stayed where you were at least!!!!
Troy has had a Wal-Mart for a lot longer than 20 years, so you must not have paid much attention when you lived in the area.

The rest of the drivel that you posted is unworthy of comment.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:06 AM

3 posts, read 11,776 times
Cool Walmart Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick View Post
Hey sounds like things have not changed...Ha! Wow Troy has a WAL-MART!!!!! That has been there for how long?.....Anyway back to Winfield where we were......I hated it more than 20 years ago.....unless you were inbred and born there you won't be accepted by the majority of people you meet....School whew....I hope it is better than it was.....its bigger now but probably full of all the kids bred by the inbred kids I had to deal with!!!! HA HA!!!! For the one saying head south!!!! Wow.....hope you stayed where you were at least!!!!

You are so right! Troy and Winfield are nothing but a bunch of stinky, inbred hicks! I just love it in the summer time when parents are in the local convenience store buying beer when their kids are half dressed with no shoes. And don't even get me started on the retarded wiggers! They put down black people then they drive off in their crappy car with the base turned up and trying to talk in ebonics. Stupid! By the way, haters, I own a house that won't sell because no one wants to move to this crappy town! An IGA recently opened and everthing in the store is twice as expensive as a regular grocery store. The owner's last name totally fits "HICKman"! I did move here from St. Peters also, where people bathe regularly. My parents moved up to St. Louis after prior living in southern Missouri, then CA. The small towns they are from are "country" and are a far cry from "white trash" which occupies Winfield. Low-life, dirty, unmotivated, poor white trash!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:08 AM

3 posts, read 11,776 times
Winfield sucks...admit it!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,070,909 times
MOONSTRUCK...I'm with you. ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN HUMANS. THAT'S A FACT.

Winfield is a small town, but that's what small towns are all about "SMALL".
The worse thing about Winfield that I'm aware of is Hwy 47. That is a very dangerous, scary highway. Use your headlights on that hwy 24/7 It's terrible.
It's a good thing Hickmann's built that store on 47 in Winfield. Other wise you would have to drive to Troy 13 miles away or Elsberry 13 miles the other way, or St. Peter's 17 miles away, even a different direction.
Winfield has a bank, at least. Not much else, likes what's been mentioned. People I've met have been nice.

Elsberry has a good school, so I hear. Don't have kids. The school has been around a very LONG time. The people are nice. Elsberry has a pharmacy, several restaurants, hardware store, a vet, 2 banks, even a little senate theater, 3 gas stations I believe. Nice people.

Troy... is way TOO crowded. Too many people. Don't even try going to Wal-Mart on a Sat. it's insane.
Last I heard they were going to open a new Wal-Mart in Trot at 61/47 intersection. The building W-Mart is in now, was to become a Target.
They were also planning to open a new W-mart in Bowling Green. Now that the economy has plunged, not sure what's going to happen.

Country living is so peaceful & nice. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson65 View Post
You are so right! Troy and Winfield are nothing but a bunch of stinky, inbred hicks!
That's a pretty foolish way to start a post. It makes you look like a simpleton and immediately discredits everything else you are about to say.

Quote:
I just love it in the summer time when parents are in the local convenience store buying beer when their kids are half dressed with no shoes.
People are likely headed to the river or lake for time on the water. That's why the kids are half-dressed.

Quote:
And don't even get me started on the retarded wiggers! They put down black people then they drive off in their crappy car with the base turned up and trying to talk in ebonics. Stupid!
Dumb people exist everywhere. Don't try to pretend that Winfield and Troy are the only towns that have these people.

Quote:
By the way, haters, I own a house that won't sell because no one wants to move to this crappy town!
In case you haven't noticed, home sales are slow everywhere. If you want out so badly, drop your price and get out of town. It will sell if you price aggressively.

Quote:
An IGA recently opened and everthing in the store is twice as expensive as a regular grocery store. The owner's last name totally fits "HICKman"!
You obviously know nothing about economics or business, so I won't bother trying to explain such complexities to you here. Just suffice it to say that Hickman's IGA is no different than small-town grocery stores all across America.

Quote:
I did move here from St. Peters also, where people bathe regularly. My parents moved up to St. Louis after prior living in southern Missouri, then CA. The small towns they are from are "country" and are a far cry from "white trash" which occupies Winfield. Low-life, dirty, unmotivated, poor white trash!
There are good and bad people everywhere. You could line up a dozen random people from St. Peters and a dozen random people from Winfield and I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't tell the difference.

Do yourself a favor and move on. The low-life, dirty, unmotivated, poor white trash feel that you're dragging down the neighborhood.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,356 times
I agree Winfield has problems. Research their schools. They have almost lost or have lost their accreditation. The schools have disproportionate numbers of discipline problems relative to their population. I would not want to live in a community such as this. The schools are a direct reflection of the greater part of the population. Drugs are rampant in this small community. It is a prime example of an all white small town community that has gone bad. There are good and bad people everywhere, however, they seem to congregate with their own kind. How many good decent working people want to hang with unmotivated white trash?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin32 View Post
They have almost lost or have lost their accreditation. The schools have disproportionate numbers of discipline problems relative to their population.
Links? Any resources to back up these claims that are being posted as fact?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
This link doesn't make it look good. You have to crunch the data to see the big picture. I agree with you Robin. After speaking to several teachers who live in the neighbor and work at the school, I plan on sending my children to a private school.

[URL]http://dese.mo.gov/planning/profile/057004.html[/URL]

Last edited by candace28; 01-06-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri