Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 AM

3 posts, read 9,427 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am seeking info on the Cameron, Missouri area.
My family has just purchased a lovely old 110 yr old farmhouse and 66 acres in the Kingston area. Just a few miles south of Cameron.
We are really looking forward to moving out to rural america!
We have had a life long dream of owning an old country farmhouse in the country and it's going to be happening!
If you have any info about the area that you can share - please do!

Thanks!
blessed mom
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 01:27 AM

3 posts, read 13,756 times
Default kingston area living

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed mom View Post

Hello! I am seeking info on the Cameron, Missouri area.
My family has just purchased a lovely old 110 yr old farmhouse and 66 acres in the Kingston area. Just a few miles south of Cameron.
We are really looking forward to moving out to rural america!
We have had a life long dream of owning an old country farmhouse in the country and it's going to be happening!
If you have any info about the area that you can share - please do!

Thanks!
blessed mom
Kingston is a very small community. My dad and I used to hunt there on a friend's farm just south of town. It's very quiet there. As for Cameron, it's a fair sized town, they have a couple grocery stores as well as a SuperWalmart, a Dollar General, and lots of smaller businesses. There is a small movie theater there as well. Cameron is only about 30 miles east of St. Joseph, and about 50 miles northeast of Kansas City so there are plenty of shopping/entertainment options. The people in this part of the country are very friendly. I live in Smithville, Missouri which is about 40 miles SW of Cameron. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

tovanipo@aol.com

Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 AM

4 posts, read 12,933 times
my mothers family have lived there their whole lives even when they moved out of their mothers house they stayed there(except my mom) it is a wonderful town they all still live there its the perfect location not to big not to small if you want small just go for a drive and in less then 45 min youll find it if you want big go to the city and you got big i hope you enjoy!!!!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:29 PM

4 posts, read 7,029 times
Cameron is starting to grow on me. We've been here about a year. It has the small town feel yet some of the ammenities of a bigger city. I'm not crazy about the schools, but other than that I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri