U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,230,122 times

Advertisements

I've already been to the farmers markets here in Rolla a couple of weekends, and I'm looking forward to picking some berries later this season. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 03:13 PM

165 posts, read 384,860 times
Then you should come to the farmer's market here in North City or the Soulard Farmer's Market and if it's berries you want, I suggest you start with this one, funny guy.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:27 PM

15,481 posts, read 7,500,320 times
I actually get my hands dirty in my own garden. Way better than that crowd just doing things to feel good about themselves spreading "awareness".

Of course, they'd have an expensive stroller for their kid. They're being seen at the farmer's market. And now everyone knows how aware they are.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I actually get my hands dirty in my own garden. Way better than that crowd just doing things to feel good about themselves spreading "awareness".

Of course, they'd have an expensive stroller for their kid. They're being seen at the farmer's market. And now everyone knows how aware they are.
Where in the sam hill is your farmers market? I've never heard of a farmers market where you go to be seen or let everyone know how aware you are, whatever that means.

Here in Phelps County, I just go to buy stuff I don't grow myself and I think that's what most people do. The farmers market also has a craft sale, baked sale and flea market in a couple of the fair board's buildings. None of it looks very trendy, but I guess I could be wrong. You may know more about it than I do.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM

64 posts, read 107,038 times
Default a good laugh

I really enjoyed your conversations so to speak..,,it made me laugh and it´s so great to be able to enjoy the humor in it all..a very nice read..
so many different outlooks on life..take care..Margart

Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 PM

15,481 posts, read 7,500,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Where in the sam hill is your farmers market? I've never heard of a farmers market where you go to be seen or let everyone know how aware you are, whatever that means.

Here in Phelps County, I just go to buy stuff I don't grow myself and I think that's what most people do. The farmers market also has a craft sale, baked sale and flea market in a couple of the fair board's buildings. None of it looks very trendy, but I guess I could be wrong. You may know more about it than I do.
Calm down. I'm kidding around just as you are and making references to that link you put out there.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Calm down. I'm kidding around just as you are and making references to that link you put out there.
Oh, OK, sorry. I forgot about those links. That website to which I linked is really misnamed; it should be "Stuff Trendy City Folks Like."

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,038,851 times
Carthage has a good farmer's market every Wed. and Sat. until noon on the square. Early spring you get potted plants and hanging baskets. I'm sure now there are vegetables as well. Unfortunately one of the biggest local farms has retired. The local Mennonite women usually have breads, rolls and pies for sale. Yum! I haven't been yet because I'm usually working or I don't get up there in time. And my in-laws furnish us with plenty of home grown goodness. A bonus: If you go during the week you can visit the Courthouse, which is beautiful. Take a ride in the antique elevator and learn some of Carthage's history.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 AM

140 posts, read 224,220 times
I love the farmers' markets here in Rolla! I usually go to the market on Tuesdays, over in the city lot downtown...I tend to forget about going out to the fairgrounds on Saturdays. Most of the time I just get tomatoes, although I sometimes get other things, too. I do NOT have a green thumb, so I really appreciate the local folks who grow enough to share with the likes of me!

Mmmmm...can't wait until the tomatoes are in season!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,707,623 times
Sainte Genevieve has a nice little farmers market, and you wont see ANY trendy strollers there, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or