U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:31 AM

573 posts, read 1,610,919 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can watch the entire video? I think it was on yesterday. If Randy Couture loses, be prepared for me to talk a lot of sh*t about MMA. I will watch less of MMA if he loses and more of boxing. I will lose respect for MMA if he loses. If he wins, I will give him respect.

Last edited by Hypnosis; 08-24-2010 at 03:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
Anyone know where I can watch the entire video? I think it was on yesterday. If Randy Couture loses, be prepared for me to talk a lot of sh*t about MMA. I will watch less of MMA if he loses and more of boxing. I will lose respect for MMA if he loses. If he wins, I will give him respect.
lol...i won't give a crap about what you care about more or less after the fight, whoever wins!

why don't you just enjoy the fight??

i think it's been real clear that most people believe the odds are stacked heavily against Toney, but that doesn't guarantee Couture a win...he still has to go out there and win the fight.

if Couture loses, have no doubt he'll be classy in his defeat, and i only hope Toney doesn't thug it up if he wins...the last the he needs is over-confidence inside the cage!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:49 AM

8,268 posts, read 10,252,295 times
It takes winning this fight at age 47 to give a Hall-Of-Famer with storied career who has won UFC championships many times in multiple weight classes respect? Gimme a break.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 AM

1,832 posts, read 4,841,039 times
Hypnosis who really cares what you think about MMA. You are just one of those people who are waiting so you can find something to show Boxing is superior. Who cares they are 2 differnt sports and they can co exsist. If you like boxing good watch boxing. If you like MMA good watch MMA. Don't try to find some little thing where you can say look I was right boxing is better.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM

7,912 posts, read 7,747,636 times
here is the deal this is a lose lose fight for mma IMO.
IF randy loses then the boxing knuckleheads (see way above) will give us all their "see boxing is better then mma i told you".
WHEN randy wins the boxing knuckleheads (once again look up) will give us their "james toney is a bum, he is a washed up boxer and he doesnt represent our sport".

i agree loco they can/will coexist BUT mma is on the rise while boxing is in a def hard down turn. mma is fast becoming the #1 combat sport (if it is not already there). i tend to see more boxing guys calling mma fighters losers and hacks and so on, attacking mma more so then mma fans/fighters attacking boxing/boxers. as randy said in a recent interview, mma guys love boxing, they train boxing daily and love what it brings to their game. seems boxers/boxing fans feel more threatened by mma then vise versa.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,400,405 times
Quote:
If Randy Couture loses, be prepared for me to talk a lot of sh*t about MMA. I will watch less of MMA if he loses and more of boxing. I will lose respect for MMA if he loses. If he wins, I will give him respect.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:35 PM

[quote=rigas;15604878]"james toney is a bum, he is a washed up boxer and he doesnt represent our sport".

I really doubt they going to say that. He is not in his prime but he's far from being a bum.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:52 PM

7,912 posts, read 7,747,636 times
You better do some research, he'll guys on the boxing board are already saying that. People on all sorts of boxing forums are saying it. They all know he is going to lose.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:59 PM

I've searched and didn't find anything like that. I find the opposite of that. You guys are right, it doesn't matter what I think about MMA. The facts only matter and if Randy Couture loses, then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with MMA. There is NO reason why James Toney should win. He can't get lucky, if he aims to hit Couture and does, it's not luck. There is something already wrong with your sport. Brock Lesnar became champion in his 4th fight, a 1 dimensional fighter who is only good in 1 discipline- wrestling. That's all. Couture won on his 4th fight also but back then they weren't well rounded, now they are and still loses. Very strange this would never happen in pro boxing- go ahead and try to win a title fight in boxing in your 4th match, it won't happen. It takes a lifetime to get the skills needed for pro boxing, boxers like Mayweather started since the age of 5 or so. This is not the case for MMA, a former WWE wrestler comes in with only 1 discipline that he knows, beats a so called legend Couture and is now the champion? WEIRD. NOT impressed.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 PM

8,268 posts, read 10,252,295 times
Quote:
The facts only matter and if Randy Couture loses, then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with MMA.
Negative. They are fights, upsets happen all the time. You don't judge a sport by a single matchup, that's just naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or