Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,041,735 times

Advertisements

So what your saying is that that 1 fight would more then double the best ppv purchase in the history of ppv? And I'm the delussional one? Lmao

And the fact that you are relying on a hypothetical fight that has a better the 60% chance of not happening, AND using "people who have never watched boxing" as an addition to your argument is rather funny to me.

I'm done, your argument is just getting more ridiculous by the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 AM

7,964 posts, read 11,820,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So what your saying is that that 1 fight would more then double the best ppv purchase in the history of ppv? And I'm the delussional one? Lmao

And the fact that you are relying on a hypothetical fight that has a better the 60% chance of not happening, AND using "people who have never watched boxing" as an addition to your argument is rather funny to me.

I'm done, your argument is just getting more ridiculous by the letter.
yep thats precisely what i am saying! it will be one of the biggest sporting events in history

Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,041,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
yep thats precisely what i am saying! it will be one of the biggest sporting events in history
you over estimate the draw of any sport. you could take the most famous superbowl in history with the 2 most popular teams ever and put it on PPV and it would not pull 5m buys. there are to many "other" ways to see the fight, like going to hooters with 1000 of your closest friends. bottom line, 4m+ ppv buys is all but impossible.

and of course there is the fact that that fight is not going to happen. IF it did happen it is going to need to happen this year, because all those "fans" are getting tired of the never ending hype and let down.

that fight is a prime example of why mma is more popular, fighters dont and cant duck each other. they dont get to make the rules, they dont get to decide everything. the people get to see more of the fights they want to see when they want to see them instead of always having to speculate on who would win, and how many buys the ppv would bring in.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 AM

7,964 posts, read 11,820,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
you over estimate the draw of any sport. you could take the most famous superbowl in history with the 2 most popular teams ever and put it on PPV and it would not pull 5m buys. there are to many "other" ways to see the fight, like going to hooters with 1000 of your closest friends. bottom line, 4m+ ppv buys is all but impossible.

and of course there is the fact that that fight is not going to happen. IF it did happen it is going to need to happen this year, because all those "fans" are getting tired of the never ending hype and let down.

that fight is a prime example of why mma is more popular, fighters dont and cant duck each other. they dont get to make the rules, they dont get to decide everything. the people get to see more of the fights they want to see when they want to see them instead of always having to speculate on who would win, and how many buys the ppv would bring in.
well we will just have to wait and see will we!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM

573 posts, read 2,055,600 times
These UFC guys, they get excited over a $70,000 bonus, lol, that's like peanuts compared to pro boxing.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,171,633 times
Bonus is a bonus, I'd get excited if my Boss handed me $20 I wasn't expecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)