Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 AM

646 posts, read 801,249 times

Advertisements

I have not read or heard one person taliking about the tuf finale.I read and heard a whole lot about the Strikeforce card.That says to me,they stole the show.Oh,I did read something of the tuf show,another bad decision by the judges in the Nam,garcia fight.I agree with the above statemate,ufc is putting out "garbage" for shows as of late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:49 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
I don't necessarily agree with that either. There have been some stinkers but UFC 121, UFC 117, and UFC 116 were all good cards we've had in the second half of this year.

I'm also pretty optimistic on this Saturday, sure GSP Kos could be a grope-fest but the the main card looks really solid Miller/Oliviera, Stevenson/Danzig, and Howard/Alves hell even Struve is always entertaining since he looks so damn funny.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM

The thing is,the ufc,without question has more great fighters than all other promotions combined.They have the ability to put on great shows twice a month.There should never be a dull card with their roster.I thought the Jackson Machida fight was horrible.I think if the ufc gave out cards for lack of action and took from the fighters purse as pride did,it would make for more action no doubt.I love the ufc,but at the same time I love to see strikeforce do well.In my opinion there is room for another major promotion.And in my opinion,strikeforce has the talent to put on very good shows.I don't mind seeing a decision,everyone would agree the Bonnar Griffin fight was awesome and it went the distance.as have many great fights.The Ufc needs to start taking away from fighters that do not push the fight,I understand defense and counter fighting.But at some point you got to go for the finish.These ppvs can add up.The ufc owe it to the ones who spend their money in this economy on their shows to make the very best cards possible and as action packed as possible

Last edited by mary phagan; 12-09-2010 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I don't necessarily agree with that either. There have been some stinkers but UFC 121, UFC 117, and UFC 116 were all good cards we've had in the second half of this year.

I'm also pretty optimistic on this Saturday, sure GSP Kos could be a grope-fest but the the main card looks really solid Miller/Oliviera, Stevenson/Danzig, and Howard/Alves hell even Struve is always entertaining since he looks so damn funny.
i dont know, gsp/kos is going to be a silly wrestling match UNLESS kos pulls of the upset KO.

miller/oliviera will be decent im sure (oliviera is training at gold team here in houston now)

the rest, well kinda suck. danzig sucks, and joe is kinda snorefest UNLESS he fights someone like bj, or guida.

struve, yeah i agree.

what really sucks??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the new years show, now that card SUCKS! it will be the absolute worst new years ufc yet.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 PM

I think I find GSP more interesting in fights than you guys, I think he's got a very active ground game greatly underrated striking. He might mix it up a lot more than people are expecting.

Danzig isn't a top tier fighter but he puts on entertaining fights and they are both have pretty technical ground games, I like the fight.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
The Ufc needs to start taking away from fighters that do not push the fight
I agree 100%.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 AM

81 posts, read 107,897 times
For sure, I would LOVE to see the yellow card system in US MMA. But I don't think that's a UFC thing but more of a commission thing. Since the Refs work for the commission and it's they that control the yellow cards, it would fall on the commission. And sadly, I have very, very little faith in them as of now. So, the Comment that the "UFC" needs to do something isn't quite correct IMO. The Refs already have the power to push the pace of the fights, they just don't do it.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
with the commissions controlling refs and things of that nature, it is impossible and actually not legal for the yellow card system to be implemented. a govt agency can not and should not be allowed to control a fighters purse when he is contracted with a promotion for a specific amount.

on the other side, promotions like the ufc COULD put in place a set of secondary judges for that specific reason. they can contract the fights with a "clause" BUT this leaves room for corruption and another way for a douche like dana white to screw the fighters even more.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:49 AM

The ufc can make it happen.If they wanted the refs to give cards out for failure to engage than they could.It aint like their hands are tied.I mean Dana even called out greg jackson a coulpe weeks ago about point fighting.There was a great discussion on mma junkie sbout it.Dana can sense the fans growing anger.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 AM

81 posts, read 107,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
The ufc can make it happen.If they wanted the refs to give cards out for failure to engage than they could.It aint like their hands are tied.I mean Dana even called out greg jackson a coulpe weeks ago about point fighting.There was a great discussion on mma junkie sbout it.Dana can sense the fans growing anger.
Are you high???? Dana can't even get Mazz from reffing, how much control do you really think he has. Mazz is Dana's BIGGEST issue with the refs and guess he keeps showing up to ref UFC fights, Mazz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)