Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times

Advertisements

In sept at adcc in London, royler Gracie gets a chance to defend against the only person to submit him in no gi, Eddie bravo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:26 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Who likely wins? I dont know much about the Adcc

Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM

i think royler is stuck in the "old ways" some, (not as much as the bulk of the gracie family) but i think he wins a decision. i like adcc, they get into things like 30 minute time limits, no points for the 1st half of the fight so submission is the ultimate goal. i HATE point fighters both in BJJ and in MMA. a lot of bjj schools teach people to fight for points (mount points, guard pass, take downs and so on) and they get away from the "point" of jiu jitsu, SUBMISSION! abu dahbi combat club was created to kind of combat point fighting.

i have never been a fan of eddie bravo, the guy is kind of a douche. he has several books out (rubber guard "inventor"??) and the 1st 30 pages or so are all about the "benefits" of smoking pot. nothing to do with fighting, jiu jitsu just weed.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
i'll take royler on the rematch.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i think royler is stuck in the "old ways" some, (not as much as the bulk of the gracie family) but i think he wins a decision. i like adcc, they get into things like 30 minute time limits, no points for the 1st half of the fight so submission is the ultimate goal. i HATE point fighters both in BJJ and in MMA. a lot of bjj schools teach people to fight for points (mount points, guard pass, take downs and so on) and they get away from the "point" of jiu jitsu, SUBMISSION! abu dahbi combat club was created to kind of combat point fighting.

i have never been a fan of eddie bravo, the guy is kind of a douche. he has several books out (rubber guard "inventor"??) and the 1st 30 pages or so are all about the "benefits" of smoking pot. nothing to do with fighting, jiu jitsu just weed.
Response to the comment in bold: EXACTLY!! That's the problem I've had with a lot of BJJ schools that I visited. Most the instructors just focused on passing, passing, passing instead of submission/self-defense. They trained mostly for competitions instead of practical use. The "submission wrestling" schools I went to, was straight up grappling till you get a submission.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

I heard if you attend his 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu classes and if you climb up the ranks to black belt, that you have to smoke a joint with him. Since you've taken his class and opened up to his ideas, then you can open up to smoking pot. If its true, the guy is such a douche. If I was instructor I wouldn't pressure my students to do something they don't do.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I heard if you attend his 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu classes and if you climb up the ranks to black belt, that you have to smoke a joint with him. Since you've taken his class and opened up to his ideas, then you can open up to smoking pot. If its true, the guy is such a douche. If I was instructor I wouldn't pressure my students to do something they don't do.
i dont know if thats true, i know there is a 10th planet school up in dallas and the guy who runs it is a BB but i dont see him smoking. i know eddie and joe rogan are nearly inseparable (they have showed up at several tournaments here in houston together) and i know joe is into ALL KINDS of drugs, especially "mind altering" so i wouldnt be surprised if "Edgar Cano" (his real name) where into more then pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)