U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cyborg or Rousey?
Ronda Rousey 14 45.16%
Cyborg Santos 12 38.71%
Double KO 1 3.23%
Don't Know/Don't Care 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 PM

8,036 posts, read 4,198,304 times

Advertisements

Who is the best female fighter in the world? Ordinarily, you'd have to go with the current champ. But what about the champ who got her title stripped, Christine "Cyborg" Santos? Before she got caught on the juice, she was running through the competition and making it look easy. Nobody could stop her!

Now we have The Arm Collector, aka Ronda Rousey bursting onto the scene and I'll be damned if she isn't looking just as unbeatable as Cyborg, but for completely different reasons. Cyborg is elite level at everything. Rousey is a ridiculously Judoka. Rousey is a lot like Brock Lesnar: Just overwhelming and virtually unstoppable at what she specializes in. The rest of her skills are mostly unknowable. Against Miesha Tate, I think we discovered that Rousey was good but not great at striking, but we didn't really see enough to be sure.

The one woman that I could see thwarting Rousey's arm collection streak is Cyborg Santos. What happens to Ronda when she fights somebody she can't just throw to the ground? What happens when she meets somebody who can match her skill at grappling? Or am I giving Cyborg too much credit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Ronda beats a non roided up cyborg. Her takedowns and grappling are far beyond cyborg, and her striking is getting better by the second.

Gene labelle was saying they brought a female boxer in and Ronda broke her jaw with a punch.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 AM

276 posts, read 643,263 times
mmmm I think Cyborg will eat her up standing and Rousey will probably have the advantage on the ground. I still think Cyborg pulls it off.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM

8,036 posts, read 4,198,304 times
It is definitely the one female fight that people are really interested seeing. It will be interesting to see it and I think it would legitimately be the biggest chick fight since Carano vs Cyborg. It's hard to bet against either of them. They've both been so dominant.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,915,214 times
The answer is unknown. Steroids of any type provides a serious advantage. While on the stuff, she was literally like a pit-bull fighting shih tzu's, just running across the ring and steamrolling opponents. Cyborg without Steriods will have less muscle, maybe less aggressive, possibly slower, injury prone, on and on. Lets see!

Old 05-23-2015, 11:58 PM

3,820 posts, read 3,510,156 times
Is it my imagination, or is R.R. Arm collector beefing up?
Could she be beefing up for a certain fighter???????

Btw whose read the book yet?
Anyone gone to one of the book signings.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:48 PM

16,441 posts, read 16,539,969 times
Without the juice, well, RonRon will fanny-paddle Cyborg.

Juice, done properly, must be magnificent for an athlete...............but when you have to
give it up>>>>>>!

Old 05-30-2015, 11:27 AM

10,611 posts, read 13,138,122 times
Ronda for the win I think. Cyborg will come out with a flurry and get overconfident and get caught with a throw or submission. Ronda can place an opponent in this position with quickness and surgical precision.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:23 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,230,512 times
The Bethe Correia fight showed how much Ronda's striking has improved. She's no longer a one-trick pony (albeit an amazing trick) and I predict a 1st round KO for Ronda.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:56 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,791,324 times
How I'd set the line and prediction:

At existing weight: -210 Cyborg, 1st round TKO
At 145: -160 Cyborg, 2nd round TKO
At 140 catch weight: -140 Cyborg, 2nd round TKO
At 135: -125 Rousey, 1st round submission

If Rousey tries to stand up with Cyborg, she loses at any weight. But she knows better than that. Cyborg is unquestionably stronger, a better striker, and has better range. Plus, she's "fluent" (for lack of a better term) with more limbs. I'm not certain I've ever seen Rousey throw a kick.

From the clinch, I see Rousey taking 1-2 shots from Cyborg and then immediately hip tossing her.

On the ground? Well, it really depends on how they got there, but the advantage here goes to Rousey. Cyborg has solid BJJ, but it won't matter if she gets ragdolled to the ground...she'd be in an armbar before she even got her bearings.

So how would things go? Cyborg would come out throwing HEAVY strikes, Rousey will either eat them (or god forbid, try and throw them back) and lose, or try to avoid them and go for the hiptoss/armbar. If it lands, game over. If not, they roll around for a round and repeat in round 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)