Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Will it End?
Nunes - KO or TKO Win 15 45.45%
Rousey - Submission Win 14 42.42%
Fight Goes Full Rounds, Ends with Descision 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times

Advertisements

Now that it's official, I figured I would ask. Who are people favoring in the Rousey return bout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 10:15 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
When is this taking place?? I'll take Rousey in round 1 with the arm bar.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:08 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
I think Rousey will win this one.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
ive got ronda BUT only if she gets away from that BS garbage trainer she has and gets a real camp.

I expect she will be hungry, not burned out, and a bit humbled with something to prove. again, GET AWAY FROM THAT TERRIBLE CAMP AND TRAINER!

Old 10-14-2016, 12:26 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
I am favoring Nunes. If she doesn't do anything stupid, resulting in submission, like Zingano. But a big IF. She's an aggressive fighter, and sometimes those are the ones that rush and make mistakes if they get too cocky. But I think Nunes can have some potential advantages.

1. Rousey's health. She could come be stronger than ever. BUT she could be rusty. She's been off for a year, had surgeries, and was looking bloated in subsequent pix after her knee surgery. So it's possible she won't come back looking like she did before the Holly fight.

2. Cardio. Nunes isn't known to have the juice to go 5 rounds. She starts to fade at round 3, after being fierce in the first 2. However, Ronda's didn't look good either against Holly. She went back to her corner huffing after round 1. I didn't see her Tate fights, but someone mentioned she was tried in round 2 in her second bout with Tate. So she'll get tired before Nunes, especially when she's had no real fights in a year. And hardly had fights that lasted longer than 1 round.

3. Ronda seems hot-headed. If things aren't going her way, she seems like she gets frustrated, and just rushes like a bull. During some of her sparring, this happens. Also her chasing Holly all over the octagon. If she does that here, she's in big trouble. Especially when her coach tells her she's doing good after that bad showing.

4. Nunes has killer stand-up. She's been doing Karate since she was 7, I believe. She's a black belt in BJJ. And a brown belt in Judo. So she's not a bum. And with good stand-up like Holly, if not better, we see that's Ronda's Kryptonite. Idk if Nunes can out muscle her with grappling. But if she tries to stand more, and utilizes her punches, kicks, and speed, I see Ronda having trouble. Especially when Nunes looks like she hits harder than Holly. Tate is tough, and is no stranger to punishment, but Nune's punches had her backing up, and covering her face. Then she trips trying to stay away from her, and goes to the ground and turtles up. But Nunes just rolls her over and goes for the chin-lock. And Tate tapped out at the finish, something she didn't do even after Ronda snapped her arm.

So I want Nunes to win. But I see the fight going either way. I give it a 50 / 50. If Ronda wins, I don't see it being completely lop-sided unless you just fight stupid. So Ronda can win. Who knows what she'll come back with. But I don't think Nunes is a bum being fed to Rousey. I think she can have some advantages that can work in her favor.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:54 PM

#chin-lock

Old 10-15-2016, 02:20 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,238 times
If Ronda stays in her current camp it's Nunes by KO.
She needs to work on footwork and striking.
I think her coach has some kind of mind control over her, everyone else can see it, even her mother!

Old 10-20-2016, 11:27 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
I feel like Nunes has a good chance on winning. She is better striker. She is a black belt in BJJ and she is a brown belt in Judo. Ronda biggest advantage is Judo and Nunes would be able to hold her own on that account.

Ronda should go back to her game plan of winning by submitting. Her striking game is not up to par with elite strikers (a la Holly Holm). It was pretty funny how people were gassing her up. Mike Tyson even said that he never seeing anyone like Ronda in regards to boxing... (LOL)

Old 10-20-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I feel like Nunes has a good chance on winning. She is better striker. She is a black belt in BJJ and she is a brown belt in Judo. Ronda biggest advantage is Judo and Nunes would be able to hold her own on that account.

Ronda should go back to her game plan of winning by submitting. Her striking game is not up to par with elite strikers (a la Holly Holm). It was pretty funny how people were gassing her up. Mike Tyson even said that he never seeing anyone like Ronda in regards to boxing... (LOL)
if its judo on judo violence, ronda DESTROYS her.
ronda is no ordinary black belt, and a normal judo blackbelt is a far cry better than a judo brown belt.
ronda's judo is olympic medal worthy and likely a repeat medalist had she stayed on the team another olympics.
there are TOTALLY different levels of judo. nunes judo is more "bjj based." in other words, shes got enough judo to defend another bjj player from getting a takedown/throw or being able to throw/takedown in a jiu jitsu fight.

this is an article about bjj blackbelt and olympic medalist travis stevens in a bjj tournament. he was getting handled on the ground after telling himself NOT to use his throws.
his opponent is a bjj and judo black belt.

Travis Stevens on Copa Podio: "You're the only person who decides whether you win" | GRACIEMAG

the levels are just so far apart.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:55 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
if its judo on judo violence, ronda DESTROYS her.
ronda is no ordinary black belt, and a normal judo blackbelt is a far cry better than a judo brown belt.
ronda's judo is olympic medal worthy and likely a repeat medalist had she stayed on the team another olympics.
there are TOTALLY different levels of judo. nunes judo is more "bjj based." in other words, shes got enough judo to defend another bjj player from getting a takedown/throw or being able to throw/takedown in a jiu jitsu fight.
Basically, this.

The only way that Nunes wins is if Ronda tries to box again. She "should" know better by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)