U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:42 AM

1,267 posts, read 2,496,590 times

Advertisements

No i am not saying it i about race. I am just focusing on White Americans, specially those of German, Irish, and English descent who make up the majoritnd it interesy of White Americans. Slovaks and Italian White Americanshave been great fighters too bu they are of eastern and southern european descent. And i am not say "Nordic" Whites suck at combat sports since the U.K is a powerhouse in boxing. It is just the particular White American fighters that i find interesting. I don't think its an economic issue. Since Japan and the U.K are also developed and have great fighters. I just find it interesting how the group that is the largest in America is almost shut out of Boxing and starting to be overtaken in MMA, both the first and secobd most popular combat sports in the world.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:32 AM

9,239 posts, read 15,997,295 times
Alright Almeidia you are too much of a scatter brain to discuss this with...
first you said all american whites..
then just some whites...
then just wasps...
now just americans of german, irish and english decent...

Your statement has been reduced to the point that it is meaningless.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM

9,239 posts, read 15,997,295 times
My last post here

I think MMA will be much more diverse than it already is. MMA is growing rapidly across the globe. Wait for the next generation of fighters that have been training MMA forms since they were 5.

That will be the difference...

Will parents (of race a,b,c) want their kids training mma at 5? because that is what it will take to be a champion IMO.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,692,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
No i am not saying it i about race. I am just focusing on White Americans, specially those of German, Irish, and English descent who make up the majoritnd it interesy of White Americans. And i am not say "Nordic" Whites suck at combat sports since the U.K is a powerhouse in boxing.

Nordic countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're not Nordic!

Unless..........you want to believe in the old quackery of eugenic sciences. Which is all about race and racism.

Nordic race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Last edited by baystater; 09-09-2014 at 01:26 PM..

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,238,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My last post here

I think MMA will be much more diverse than it already is. MMA is growing rapidly across the globe. Wait for the next generation of fighters that have been training MMA forms since they were 5.

That will be the difference...

Will parents (of race a,b,c) want their kids training mma at 5? because that is what it will take to be a champion IMO.
I've avoided this one myself, the argument was dumb, ignorant and fundamentally flawed from the start.

There are a LOT of parents out there letting/training their kids since 5. Including myself. My son started at 5.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:19 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,496,590 times
Sorry for not knowing what WASP and Nordic is. I Just see White Americans becoming less mainsy in MMA in the near future. The U.S is were the UFC, the largest MMA organization, it is the one with they money. I know it is becoming more Global, but i don't see why White Americans are becoming marginalized.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:57 AM

73 posts, read 92,226 times
This is insane, have you even watched MMA/ UFC Lately? At one point all the weight classes where dominated by white mostly American fighters. Now in 2014 it is a healthy mix of American whites, American Blacks, European Whites, Hispanic Americans and Brazilian title holders.

Many White champions in MMA in general. Even counting non champions there are many top 10 white fighters from Nordic, Western, Easter and US locations. You should really do your research before making such ignorant statements.

I will say that as far as pure Boxing goes, for the last several decades, boxing was a poor mans sport in the USA. Most white families won't drive their son to the ghetto to a boxing gym...instead taking them to Karate, which is mostly useless. IMO American blacks are almost tailor made for boxing. Longer avg reach, good footwork etc. while MMA is a mix of not just physicality but strategy, technique etc.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 AM

73 posts, read 92,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Nordic countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're not Nordic!

Unless..........you want to believe in the old quackery of eugenic sciences. Which is all about race and racism.

Nordic race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You claiming that someone who calls Germans and Brits Nordic is quackery is pure quackery.

Germanic peoples aka Nordic peoples were directly related to their cousins in Denmark. Northern Germany was more "Nordic" while Southern Germany and the Alps was more mixed with other tribes.

Russia was settled by Swedes - German Angles settled what became England - Scots were raided, robbed, interbred with Norwegian Vikings for a long long time...Normandy and the Normans were settled by the various Nordic Viking tribes.

As a general rule, Northern Europe are Nordic peoples. Southern Italian, Greek, Portuguese, etc are not.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post
You claiming that someone who calls Germans and Brits Nordic is quackery is pure quackery.

Germanic peoples aka Nordic peoples were directly related to their cousins in Denmark. Northern Germany was more "Nordic" while Southern Germany and the Alps was more mixed with other tribes.

Russia was settled by Swedes - German Angles settled what became England - Scots were raided, robbed, interbred with Norwegian Vikings for a long long time...Normandy and the Normans were settled by the various Nordic Viking tribes.

As a general rule, Northern Europe are Nordic peoples. Southern Italian, Greek, Portuguese, etc are not.
The only part you got right was Germanic. Obviously Germans are Germanic and a lot of England is Germanic. Now with that said. I posted the link to what is considered Nordic. They are not considered Nordic peoples. Also a genetic test was done on the Irish. While there are Germanic genes in the pool...the Irish have closer links to spain and the Basque people.

So quack you.

Last edited by baystater; 10-10-2014 at 07:48 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
The only part you got right was Germanic. Obviously Germans are Germanic and a lot of England is Germanic. Now with that said. I posted the link to what is considered Nordic. They are not considered Nordic peoples. Also a genetic test was done on the Irish. While there are Germanic genes in the pool...the Irish have closer links to spain and the Basque people.

So quack you.
Since I now have time. Let me continue on.

1. You last line in you post gives you away. Look at the "nordic race" link you geomapping fit well with what some race "experts" at the beginning of the late 19th early 20th century. So your basically defending quackery with quackery.

2. You could argue that the nordic people's are a group of splintered off germanic people from germanic regions. But you can't really can't say that the other way around. Grant of course there has been a bit of gene swapping between northern Germany and Scandinavia....but so what. It doesn't mean Northern Germany is nordic in general. Also it definitely doesn't make fighters from Germany Nordic.

3. As to England. Ya know what. I let you have the term Nordic (in the loosest sense possible) to pertain to most of england (except for the Welsh) and Scotland. Please see link below. Under y chromosome.

Genetic history of the British Isles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But....again look at the list of Nordic countries. Don't see england on the list...do ya. Genes and some cultural exchange aren't the only deterimine factors with being considered Nordic.

4. With Russia. There still fighting over the Rus and where they came from. Even if it were the case that Scandinavian came in and populated areas of Russia. Thought is Viking founded Moscow and Russia in general. Why then are russian generally considered Slavic and not Nordic? Why in WWII was there a war of annihilation if Russia was founded by Vikings (Nordic supermen)? Riddle me that.

Last edited by baystater; 10-10-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)