U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,477,568 times

Advertisements

White American tend to like action. Whether is in war movies, super hero movies, action packed video games and tend to take strong pride in their military. The United States has an exceptional infastructure in terms of training facilities and high altitude terrain to take advantage of. White Americans also tend to be above average height and of medium to large frame.
But Blacks and Latinos seem to take advantage and excel at combat sports. Yes as a percentage Blacks and Latinos tend to be at a lower economical scale but in absolute numbers there are more poor white americans than those two groups combined. Ive also seen most mma fans to wear affliction and mma shirts to be white. So all three groups like combat sports about the same.

During the 20th century there was alot of Irish and Italian America boxers. But they were slowly overtaken by Blacks, Latinos, and Eastern Europeans. Even now thet are alot of british and japanese boxers that are very good, those two countries are well knowed as fully developed countries. Yet White Americans who make the majority in the U.S lack behind

I am not talking crap to White American i am just curious. They ae physically strong, like combat sports as much as others and have.the resources for training yet they like behind of.their African American and Hispanic American brothers.
Black Americabs are knowed for their elusiveness, their hand speed, their foot speed, their stamina, their flashyness. Hispanic Americans and Latin American are known for their strong chin, their relentless attack, their will power. Eastern Europeans ae known for their calculating fighting skills and their calm demeanor. But White American whey is in mma or boxing tend to get overly emotional when fighting. They are smart and friendly outside the ring. But that gete thrown out the window when fighting.

I also wonder why Asians are as ge at fighting. They invented many martial arts. There movies displayed spectacular moves. But in real life they were beat by boxer and wrestler. Then a Brazial came along, invented BJJ and beated the top dogs of many martial artist.

It is just curiousity.

Yes rige now White Americans are well established in mma. But will they be overtaken just like it happen in boxing??

Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 PM

6,201 posts, read 6,361,382 times
Because the white man in america has grown soft. The minorities have taken over the lower classes. They can still be good at things like collegiate wrestling which dont require getting hit in the face.

And the Asians are the best at Muay Thai (and various southeast asian kickboxing), and Judo.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:05 PM

55,647 posts, read 74,595,623 times
what on earth are you talking about???? judo, karate, & fencing & wrestling have been dominated by whites for centuries. please dont play the card--- the sports have been open to all since the 60's.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what on earth are you talking about???? judo, karate, & fencing & wrestling have been dominated by whites for centuries. please dont play the card--- the sports have been open to all since the 60's.
I am talking about white AMERICANS not the whole white race.

In those sports White Americans are far from dominant. The Champions are distributed from Europeans to Asians.

American culture advocates bravery but when it comes down to it they get beat by Black American, Eastern Europeans, and Latin Americans

Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,009,323 times
Boxing has historically been the opportunity for many that were struggling financially to find a way to make it. Like you said, earlier on it was the Irish and Italians - then the rise of black fighters - then Latinos. As opportunities expand, less people look to combat.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:23 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,933,274 times
Up until about 5-6 years ago MMA was dominated by Whites in America. Most black and hispanics were still boxing fans, so it has taken a while for them to catch up. But I do think it will turn out like boxing where white americans just don't see the $$$ being large enough to get pummeled or have an arm snapped off.

Risk vs Reward has to be on the NFL scale for whites to be interested. They can go make 200/y selling software or being a lawyer.

I honestly wish more blacks and hispanics would go be lawyers instead of turning to sports.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:56 PM

Again i don't think its a financial case. The British and the Japanese are two very developed countries and they are still a powerhouse in boxing. Their poor have a stronger safety net than the poor in America yet they excel at combat sports

Not all White Americana are rich. White Americans have more poor in TOTAL NUMBERS than black americans and hispanic americans and they take interest in combat sports like them and they still lack behind.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:40 AM

Location: somewhere on I-35 in-between Austin and San Antonio
296 posts, read 424,304 times
Maybe it's because boxing isn't that popular in rural America, where most poor whites live. Boxing is much more popular in the inner cities, where higher percentages of Latinos and Blacks live. I grew up in a predominantly white, rural area and boxing just wasn't popular.(and still isn't popular) After I moved around the country a bit, I was exposed to more boxing and now I can't get enough of it.

As for MMA, I see plenty of whites excelling at MMA. High School wrestling is really big in rural America, especially rural areas in the Rustbelt and Northeast where I grew up. After High School or College Wrestling, a lot of whites move on to MMA. Many MMA stars are former wrestlers. A wrestling background provides a great skill set for an MMA fighter to build on.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:15 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,367,143 times
We're awesome that throwing fist full of French fries in our faces!!!

Old 09-07-2014, 09:28 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,828,850 times
What are "combat sports"?

MMA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)