U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 02:29 PM

11 posts, read 9,095 times

Advertisements

He is crazy to think he can do this. If Herschel Walker couldn't become a passable fighter over several years, there's is zero chance that Phil Brooks can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 09:56 AM

10,614 posts, read 13,149,027 times
CM lost the fight quickly. While I was not really a fan as I watch wrestling sporadically in recent times, I give him credit for trying. His positve attitude is good to see. I don't think he should continue this MMA career though. Im sure he has other ventures going. Nothing more to prove here.

I was sad to see Jessica Eye lose though. She put on a great performance though.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:19 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
CM lost the fight quickly. While I was not really a fan as I watch wrestling sporadically in recent times, I give him credit for trying. His positve attitude is good to see. I don't think he should continue this MMA career though. Im sure he has other ventures going. Nothing more to prove here.

I was sad to see Jessica Eye lose though. She put on a great performance though.
i dont get why everyone keeps saying he just started training 2 years ago (even rogan in the post fight interview) he has been training under rener gracie at the gracie academy for years! long before this past 2 years.
they put out a propaganda video of him getting his 1st stripe on his white belt a month or so ago. so silly.

man jessica eye IMO won that fight. and that guy correa is rough!

Old 09-13-2016, 04:21 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,293,582 times
CM Punk made $500K for that lost.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
CM Punk made $500K for that lost.
he sold the PPV really. most people tuned in to see his get beat up.

good to see fighter pay inching up too. lowest paid fighter (with no bonus we know of and without Reebok pay) was 10k. not much but better than th e5k they used to get.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:08 AM

9,224 posts, read 15,937,627 times
I am not a WWE fan, but this is funny

Old 09-14-2016, 10:04 AM

6,805 posts, read 3,573,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i dont get why everyone keeps saying he just started training 2 years ago (even rogan in the post fight interview) he has been training under rener gracie at the gracie academy for years! long before this past 2 years.
they put out a propaganda video of him getting his 1st stripe on his white belt a month or so ago. so silly.

man jessica eye IMO won that fight. and that guy correa is rough!
He's been training there for years, but he just got his first stripe on his white belt a month or so ago? He must be really, really, really bad then.

Most people would get their first stripe after a few months of training. After several years most are high-level blue or purple belts.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
He's been training there for years, but he just got his first stripe on his white belt a month or so ago? He must be really, really, really bad then.

Most people would get their first stripe after a few months of training. After several years most are high-level blue or purple belts.
he trained with rener gracie at the gracie academy for years but moved to daniel wanderley in chicago.

heres a gracie breakdown with cm punk from february 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNV4t_be-EE

rener says hes been training like 5 years. though with wwe, it was not always consistent.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 AM

6,805 posts, read 3,573,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
he trained with rener gracie at the gracie academy for years but moved to daniel wanderley in chicago.

rener says hes been training like 5 years. though with wwe, it was not always consistent.
It seems as if he got schooled pretty badly on the ground. Not a good match up for him for his first fight. He should have fought some amateur bouts first.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It seems as if he got schooled pretty badly on the ground. Not a good match up for him for his first fight. He should have fought some amateur bouts first.
i dont disagree at all.
that said, he made 500k, and the ufc made 100mil as he was the bulk of the sales IMO. people wanted to see if he was up to the hype.

all that said, his outlook and character are solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or