U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:41 PM

4,565 posts, read 3,800,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Holly was great and someone that had real boxing skills was always going to give Ronda a fight. I don't think Ronda has a chance in a rematch unless she improves her boxing/kickboxing skills significantly.

She had Holms clinched a few times and Holms threw her on the floor like a rag doll, much like a heavier fighter would have, unless Rousey went into that fight drained and or weak, she needs to stay away from Holms at all costs. This wasn't a lucky shot or some kind of fluke, Holms beat her handily.
Yeah. But you have some Rousey fans thinking it was a set-up, and that she threw the fight.

But RR always seemed very cocky to me, and a bad sport. So I enjoyed her defeat, and so did my family. Holly, from what little I have seen of her seems more likable. My father was familiar with Holly back when she was boxing. So he said he figured she'd whoop Rousey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,516,801 times
It was painful to watch. I'm a rousey fan. A fan of her hard work and determination.
Was not a fan of her trash talking disrespecting fighters to hype the gig up.
But wasn't she talking about disappearing right before this fight?
Humble Holmes made her eat crow. Her head and heart was not in this fight.
She was like a deer in the headlights after the first few minutes of the fight.
I'm curious to see what and who she does next.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:25 AM

4,565 posts, read 3,800,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
It was painful to watch. I'm a rousey fan. A fan of her hard work and determination.
Was not a fan of her trash talking disrespecting fighters to hype the gig up.
But wasn't she talking about disappearing right before this fight?
Humble Holmes made her eat crow. Her head and heart was not in this fight.
She was like a deer in the headlights after the first few minutes of the fight.
I'm curious to see what and who she does next.
I think I read something about her saying she was gonna take a break for a while, but would be back next summer.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,796,075 times
I'm curious where Tate falls in all of this. She got screwed out of a fight with Rousey, so now do they give her Rousey or Holm?

Holm makes more sense. Rousey fights someone else (assuming she wants to) and THEN gets another shot at Holm (or Tate).

Old 11-16-2015, 08:14 AM

6,455 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm curious where Tate falls in all of this. She got screwed out of a fight with Rousey, so now do they give her Rousey or Holm?

Holm makes more sense. Rousey fights someone else (assuming she wants to) and THEN gets another shot at Holm (or Tate).
With Rousey confirming she is going to take some time off from the octagon, I would think it's now Holm's turn to hit the top ranked, so I would assume Tate is on the docket.

Rousey fought 3 title fight in 9 months (I think most by any fighter ever in that time span), plus was doing all of her side work. I think it all just got to her. But I am not saying she would have beat Holm anyways because based on what I saw the whole game plan coming in seemed wrong. Holly dominated so much it makes you wonder.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:53 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,547,612 times
Hated to see Rousey lose, especially knocked out like that. Credit to Holm, who handles herself with great professionalism in her domination.

I think Rousey needs to take time off. She's been doing too much, and hasn't really been focused on her craft. She looked pudgy and unprepared. Holm of course fought a masterful fight. She looked bigger, stronger, faster, more focused.

It will be interesting to see what happens to both fighters going forward.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:02 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,796,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
With Rousey confirming she is going to take some time off from the octagon, I would think it's now Holm's turn to hit the top ranked, so I would assume Tate is on the docket.

Rousey fought 3 title fight in 9 months (I think most by any fighter ever in that time span), plus was doing all of her side work. I think it all just got to her. But I am not saying she would have beat Holm anyways because based on what I saw the whole game plan coming in seemed wrong. Holly dominated so much it makes you wonder.
Did she confirm this? (I hadn't seen that yet if she had...I know it was a rumor for a bit).

If that's the case, then Tate should absolutely get Holm next. Anything else would be insulting.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:19 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,750,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Well I am not sure but I think she has already fought Tate twice and defeated her both times so I don't see why she would fight her again. I like Tete and wanted her to beat Rhonda but it did not happen.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:25 PM

347 posts, read 327,634 times
Big Ronda fan here. I teared up seeing her taken down to the mat. However, the better fighter won, plain and simple. Ronda's mother hasn't been a fan of her coach, Tarverdyan for sometime. It seems like no one is getting in Ronda's face to keep her focused on fighting. Her coach was shameful telling her she was doing great in the first round the other night!! Tarverdyan's declared bankruptcy too: (Ronda Rousey's coach claims bankruptcy, trustee pursues GFC for liquidation - Bloody Elbow)

I thought she'd stepped up her standing game with the Bethe Correia fight. Obviously not! A rematch is definitely in order and if she gets skunked again, that'd be a good time to focus on movies. I'm hoping she doesn't disappear over this career hiccup, but learns and rebounds. She's too sexy and fabulous to hide.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM

17 posts, read 9,356 times
Never underestimate the power, strength, and energy of your opponent. Self confidence and arrogance can make you but it can break you by making you believe you got it. So now after her loss, I think she will be humbled and go harder now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or