U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:44 AM

465 posts, read 298,304 times

Advertisements

Finally show the fight. As noted by all the fight was completely one sided. Rhonda landed very few punches and I think she could only manage 1 ground skirmish...so distance and surprisingly strength/size were HUGE factors. Is HH fighting in the right weigh class!!!! Wow! The strength/size were very distinct, so much so, that I don't think Rhonda should fight HH again.

Also, in regards to the 180 suspension, now I understand the length. When the fight results were being announced, Rhonda looked out of it, almost drunk. This is very concerning for Rhonda. As stated above, RR should not fight HH again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,564,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Finally show the fight. As noted by all the fight was completely one sided. Rhonda landed very few punches and I think she could only manage 1 ground skirmish...so distance and surprisingly strength/size were HUGE factors. Is HH fighting in the right weigh class!!!! Wow! The strength/size were very distinct, so much so, that I don't think Rhonda should fight HH again.

Also, in regards to the 180 suspension, now I understand the length. When the fight results were being announced, Rhonda looked out of it, almost drunk. This is very concerning for Rhonda. As stated above, RR should not fight HH again.
I thought Holm looked bigger, stronger, better. Rousey looked pudgy, weak, overmatched. Perhaps Rousey was off her game, but I agree. Holm simply far too skilled, and if they fought again, Rousey would likely suffer another devastating defeat. Rousey was doing too much celebrity stuff. New boyfriend too. I wondered when did she have time to train.

Rousey has made good money and done well. She should get out now.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:20 AM

469 posts, read 419,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I thought Holm looked bigger, stronger, better. Rousey looked pudgy, weak, overmatched. Perhaps Rousey was off her game, but I agree. Holm simply far too skilled, and if they fought again, Rousey would likely suffer another devastating defeat. Rousey was doing too much celebrity stuff. New boyfriend too. I wondered when did she have time to train.

Rousey has made good money and done well. She should get out now.
Why do people keep making excuses for RR and saying she "looked off", or ,"out of shape", or "her mind wasn't in it"?

Face the facts. She was in good shape, she fought like she always does, and she was her usual cocky, confident self.

She just flat out got her @ss beat by a better, stronger, and more technically superior fighter. Having watched that, Ronda Rousey won't win a rematch, or a rematch after that, or a rematch after that. Holly Holm is on a level Ronda Rousey probably won't ever be at. She's a good, but limited fighter in a sport that is just getting started (women's MMA) for the most part. She was Dana White's eye candy poster girl.

It is what it is.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:33 AM

2,877 posts, read 3,305,641 times
She looked dreadful at the weigh ins.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:25 AM

469 posts, read 419,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
She looked dreadful at the weigh ins.
Dreadful as in when she forced herself on Holly Holm and then started running her mouth when she got pushed off?

Yes, I agree. She was dreadful.

Last edited by wvtraveler; 11-22-2015 at 01:36 AM..

Old 11-22-2015, 03:01 AM

2,877 posts, read 3,305,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Dreadful as in when she forced herself on Holly Holm and then started running her mouth when she got pushed off?

Yes, I agree. She was dreadful.
No, dreadful from the weight cut.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:35 AM

6,470 posts, read 3,471,624 times
Quote:
Why do people keep making excuses for RR and saying she "looked off", or ,"out of shape", or "her mind wasn't in it"?

Face the facts. She was in good shape, she fought like she always does, and she was her usual cocky, confident self.

She just flat out got her @ss beat by a better, stronger, and more technically superior fighter. Having watched that, Ronda Rousey won't win a rematch, or a rematch after that, or a rematch after that. Holly Holm is on a level Ronda Rousey probably won't ever be at. She's a good, but limited fighter in a sport that is just getting started (women's MMA) for the most part. She was Dana White's eye candy poster girl.

It is what it is.
This is what I was saying from the start.

The division is new, and Rousey was the trail blazer. No one should take anything away from Ronda's accomplishments. Her destruction of her other opponents leading up to Holm wasn't her fault nor anyones. Throughout those fights she was just the better prepared and better fighter.

Holm comes from a championship pedigree outside MMA. That alone gave her a distinct advantage, and made it much easier to face Rousey without fear. And it was obvious who prepared better for the fight.

But, I will disagree with you about people making excuses for Ronda, as I believe they are legitimate. In being the trail blazer, she was doing things no champion fighter should with regards to her time. Too much Hollywood, too much selling, to much extra curricular work, and 3 fights in 9 months. I believe she wasn't at the top of her fighting game for those reasons. I can't say if her physical conditioning was peak or not, but mentally her whirlwind year probably was so tiring it took its toll. And couple that with her arrogance and I can beat anyone attitude (whether or not that was all just salesmanship), and she was set up to fail, especially against a fighter of Holm's caliper.

I wonder if Tate had gotten her rematch instead first who would have won, Rousey or Tate?

Old 11-22-2015, 08:41 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,564,526 times
Quote:

It is what it is.
I don't know what other people think, but I typically don't watch MMA. By "off", I mean that she seemed very animated when confronted by Holm, as if she was trying to gauge whether or not she could intimidate Holm. She discovered right up till the bell rang, that she couldn't, and for me, this is when she lost the fight. This typically happens between fighters in Boxing too.

Compared to Holm, she didn't look in as good a shape. Holm was far more chiseled as if she had trained hard. Rousey looked soft, as if she hadn't trained as a hard as she needed to, to beat the likes of Holm. Just an observation. Don't care at all if you disagree.

Yes, she fought like she normally does, but compared to Holm, her skills were not enough, I agree. She was her usual cocky self and it wasn't enough.

She did get beat by a better, stronger, and more technically superior fighter. I agree with you there.

Best of luck to them both going forward. I certainly am a fan of Holm. I really admire excellence, class, and humility in an athlete and this is what she is. Rousey learned a great deal about herself in fighting such a person, and likely will never again be the same cocky, disrespectful fighter she has been. Maybe she'll have more respect for her opponents and for the sport.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 PM

6,380 posts, read 10,709,424 times
Holly is a damn fine fighter but during fights, without make-up and all messed up, she does look a bit like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhfRBkbeR4

Old 11-24-2015, 01:23 PM

6,805 posts, read 3,583,085 times
Last time I checked, MMA was not a beauty contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or