U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 12:33 PM

11 posts, read 6,963 times

Advertisements

No way McGregor beats dos Anjos unless dos Anjos ends up breaking his leg doing a leg kick and they have to stop the fight.

dos Anjos is a legit BEAST at 155 and I don't think McGregor will survive his onslaught.

Holly Holm looks to be the champ for a long time. Cupcake might give her fits but I don't see her winning... Ronda Rousey needs at least a year or more of boxing training and some matches before getting in the cage again with Holm. Holm is that good and that far advanced with her skills, it makes no sense to have Ronda in there with her again - from a solely fight perspective. Money? Yea, I get why they want the rematch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
The big question with holm is her ground game.
Someone who doesn't try to stand with her but purely goes wrestler on her has a great chance to beat her.

Ronda let her crappy coach and all the media talk of how good her hands were get into her game plan when it should have been the last thing going.

That fight reminded me of Randy couture vs chuck Liddell, rand wanted to outstrike the striker.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,798,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerheimer View Post
No way McGregor beats dos Anjos unless dos Anjos ends up breaking his leg doing a leg kick and they have to stop the fight.

dos Anjos is a legit BEAST at 155 and I don't think McGregor will survive his onslaught.
McGregor is legit, but then again...10 lbs is 10 lbs. I can't really speak to McGregor's ground game, as we don't see if very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The big question with holm is her ground game.
Someone who doesn't try to stand with her but purely goes wrestler on her has a great chance to beat her.

Ronda let her crappy coach and all the media talk of how good her hands were get into her game plan when it should have been the last thing going.

That fight reminded me of Randy couture vs chuck Liddell, rand wanted to outstrike the striker.
Yes x 1000. Ronda outslugs ONE fighter, the media and her coach starts hyping her up, and she believes it. Her striking is very poor.

I feel like holm/rousey/tate is kind of a rock/scissors/paper scenario. I think tate has a better shot at beating holm than rousey does....tate is (I believe) the most well-rounded/balanced of the three.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:02 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
McGregor is legit, but then again...10 lbs is 10 lbs. I can't really speak to McGregor's ground game, as we don't see if very often.

Yes x 1000. Ronda outslugs ONE fighter, the media and her coach starts hyping her up, and she believes it. Her striking is very poor.

I feel like holm/rousey/tate is kind of a rock/scissors/paper scenario. I think tate has a better shot at beating holm than rousey does....tate is (I believe) the most well-rounded/balanced of the three.
conners ground is OK, but as shown in the mendez fight (where chad took the fight on less than 2 weeks notice) conner cant defend a takedown, a real takedown, and he cant defend off his back very well.
i much rather see him stop ducking frankie edgar than fighting at 155.

tate is well rounded but she is not top level at anything. she is more of a jack of all trades master of none type.

ronda beats her 10 out of 10 fights, and i dont think she can handle holm. i think cat has the best shot at beating holm outside of ronda with a real game plan and some humility.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:39 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,798,746 times
Quote:
conners ground is OK, but as shown in the mendez fight (where chad took the fight on less than 2 weeks notice) conner cant defend a takedown, a real takedown, and he cant defend off his back very well.
i much rather see him stop ducking frankie edgar than fighting at 155.
Me too. I think he's looking for cred, which beating dos anjos would certainly get him.

Quote:
tate is well rounded but she is not top level at anything. she is more of a jack of all trades master of none type.
Couldn't agree more. She's like 2nd/3rd best at everything.

Quote:
ronda beats her 10 out of 10 fights, and i dont think she can handle holm. i think cat has the best shot at beating holm outside of ronda with a real game plan and some humility.
Ronda can do it with the right game plan. They end up on the ground, it's over for Holm. But you're right...she (Ronda) needs to rethink her strategy to stand a chance.

Tate? I honestly don't know. I'm confident her ground game is superior to Holm's, but I have no idea if she has a better idea on how to take it there than Rousey does (right now, that is). My guess would be no (though given how Ronda flubbed the last fight, who knows).

I don't think cat does it. While that would be a fun match to see, I don't see her breaking the reach of Holm.

It sure is fun watching Jedrzejczyk turn people's faces into ground beef, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)