U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 10:04 AM

6,805 posts, read 3,583,085 times

Advertisements

Royce takes him down and finishes with strikes from the S mount. As in all their past encounters, Shamrock complains about unfairness and cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 04:45 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,209,453 times
That was a worked fight man.

Worst main and co main event in history.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

What would be the purpose of a worked fight? I've known Royce for many years. I doubt he would do a worked fight. I don't think he needs money that badly.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 PM

596 posts, read 817,386 times
Bellator (and the UFC) are acting like they need money badly.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What would be the purpose of a worked fight? I've known Royce for many years. I doubt he would do a worked fight. I don't think he needs money that badly.
Royce is hurting for money.
I've known him for a very long time myself. The helio Gracie line of Gracie's have a history of ummm shall we say rule stacking?
I'm curious how he got away with the extra long shorts, hell I thought he was gonna fight in gi pants before the camera panned back.
I'm curious how he got away with no hand wraps under his gloves allowing for extra free movement of his hands.
He was planning to attack from guard where the long pants would stop a sweaty shamrock from slipping as much while the no hand wraps allow for better grip/control...

Then there's a mater of
IRS goes after Royce Gracie claiming tax underpayment, fraud totaling $1.15 million - Bloody Elbow

Totally worked fight. I'm guessing that 1.15million dollar tax fraud will strangely go away.
Not the first time royce has been shady... Remember his roids violation against sakuraba?
It's in his blood man, a lot of shady stuff going down from the helio lines. Ask metamoris...

Old 02-22-2016, 07:05 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,803,081 times
Quote:

Ack, I forgot this was happening, and I missed it. However, I remember fearing this would be the case when I first heard about it last month or whenever.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Royce is hurting for money.
I've known him for a very long time myself. The helio Gracie line of Gracie's have a history of ummm shall we say rule stacking?
I'm curious how he got away with the extra long shorts, hell I thought he was gonna fight in gi pants before the camera panned back.
I'm curious how he got away with no hand wraps under his gloves allowing for extra free movement of his hands.
He was planning to attack from guard where the long pants would stop a sweaty shamrock from slipping as much while the no hand wraps allow for better grip/control...

Then there's a mater of
IRS goes after Royce Gracie claiming tax underpayment, fraud totaling $1.15 million - Bloody Elbow

Totally worked fight. I'm guessing that 1.15million dollar tax fraud will strangely go away.
Not the first time royce has been shady... Remember his roids violation against sakuraba?
It's in his blood man, a lot of shady stuff going down from the helio lines. Ask metamoris...

I understand the hurting for money part. What makes no sense is why do a worked fight vs. a real one. What do Royce and Shamrock have to gain by working a fight in which Shamrock loses again?

As far as asking metamoris, what you do you mean by that?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I understand the hurting for money part. What makes no sense is why do a worked fight vs. a real one. What do Royce and Shamrock have to gain by working a fight in which Shamrock loses again?

As far as asking metamoris, what you do you mean by that?
Please explain the shorts the no hand wraps...
Why work a fight? Ummmm big fat pay day?
Royce doesn't want to fight for real anymore, not without roids but to much risk for that now.

Metamoris is run by ralek Gracie who's been screwing a ton of people out of money. Not paying, people who signed up for online can't cancel can't get refunds... Shady

Or how about the Gracie's selling belts on line?

The whole lot of Gracie's are just shady people

Old 02-23-2016, 03:26 PM

I understand all the shady parts that you were talking about. What makes no sense to me is having to pay shamrock off to lose. I doubt they are making enough money to make that worth his time. I think he has too much pride for that, unless his payday was huge, which I doubt it was.

As far as loose shorts and lack of hand wraps, that doesn't indicate to me that the fight was fixed. I don't think hand wraps are required. Same with tight shorts.

For some people who are more strike oriented hand wraps are an advantage. Tight shorts can also be an advantage, which is why many people started wearing them

Old 02-24-2016, 07:19 AM

so lets see, ken shamrock, accused of taking a dive with kimbo(at the exact same time ironically enough as when he fell to royce), took a stint in the WWE because he was hurting for money. ken shamrock who has 2 wins since 2005 (one of which was on his own mma production...?) and 3 wins since 2002. only 5 wins since 1996, thats 5 wins in the last 20 years!
his income is next to nothing, his gym is barely even afloat. pretty much the perfect guy to take a dive for "old rival" (happens to be fairly friendly with) royce gracie.

had wraps are required, which makes me question how royce got away without any.
tight shorts are not required but those big ass shorts he wore are much longer than acceptable in texas.

there are more questions than answers to be honest, and every new answer brings about more questions.

the eye test says work. the circumstances dont lend to a legit fight either.

could be coincidence, i dont believe it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)