U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 11:11 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,813,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Started a thread before seeing this. But I hate Holm lost. I had hoped she'd be champ for a good while. Maybe it'll be like her other loss, and she was destroyed there but won the rematch.

Hopefully, she could make a comeback. Too Ronda won't get to avenge her loss, as I wanted to see Holly beat her again lol. But maybe Miesha can win against her this time.
I'm absolutely convinced that if Ronda fought smarter, she'd wreck Holm. She just went half-brain against her for whatever reason....I'm speculating here, but I think that since her previous victory came from striking, she got super cocky and felt that her striking was WAY better than it actually is.

Tate's problem is that she's "almost" the best at everything, but isn't the best at anything. She might be the most well-rounded fighter in WBW, but being the second best at something does you no good if you're facing the person who's the best unless you can take advantage of what YOU'RE better at...which she finally did against Holm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,223,031 times
Yeah holy had that fight in the bag (though I didn't watch, only reading play by play) but Tate pulled one out of her back side to win.

I have on pretty good authority that cat zingano is likely to be fighting Tate for the belt. And Tate wants that rematch.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 AM

I caught a lot of grief with some friends when I told them Nate was to big and to long for Conner. Conner was winning, and had he not got cocky I think he would have won. He went Anderson silva from what I read, mocking Diaz, dropping his hands and playing. He must have been in pure desperation mode to shoot in a takedown.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I caught a lot of grief with some friends when I told them Nate was to big and to long for Conner. Conner was winning, and had he not got cocky I think he would have won. He went Anderson silva from what I read, mocking Diaz, dropping his hands and playing. He must have been in pure desperation mode to shoot in a takedown.
Yep, he very much did (though, so did Diaz). Diaz fought WAY smarter than I thought he would...very "rope a dope"

Connor cut him early and just ABUSED it (as he should have). Diaz was constantly wiping his face and clearly lost some peripheral vision as a result. But he got vaselined up and was no worse for the wear. Diaz just jabbed Connor a few times and you'd think he'd been full on haymakered...he was all wobbly. His follow up could hardly even be called a "shoot", he just sort of fell forward into diaz's torso and held on. No chance after that.

Tate/Zingano would be a good one. More interesting than Tate/Holm or Tate/Rousey, at least for now.

Last edited by Hivemind31; 03-06-2016 at 10:41 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Both of the Diaz brothers cut easy, especially over the eyes. Nick even had surgery to smooth and round his orbital bones to not cut so easy

Old 03-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Both of the Diaz brothers cut easy, especially over the eyes. Nick even had surgery to smooth and round his orbital bones to not cut so easy
Commentators were talking about that. Scar tissue and the like.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Commentators were talking about that. Scar tissue and the like.
I've read people saying how Conner was beating Nate up bad, but I don't really think so.
Nate just cuts and bleeds.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I've read people saying how Conner was beating Nate up bad, but I don't really think so.
Nate just cuts and bleeds.
Connor was doing what Connor does for the first round and a half....throwing wild haymakers, straights, and overhand lefts. He tagged Diaz with a couple, one of which cut him. After that, he went HARD for that cut....and succeeded for a bit, maybe landed 4-5 more good shots right on it. Then he ran out of gas and Diaz was able to start landing punches back (Connor was winning trades for the first round or so). Between running out of gas and Diaz tapping him a couple of times, Connor was too wobbly to do anything useful. He just got outfought. Diaz would likely beat him again if that fight ever happened, even though it won't.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:15 AM

It's funny Conners team and himself have long talked of taking the belt at 145, then 155, then 170, and 185....
If that was lawlor and not Diaz, mcgregor might still be in the hospital!

Old 03-07-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
It's funny Conners team and himself have long talked of taking the belt at 145, then 155, then 170, and 185....
If that was lawlor and not Diaz, mcgregor might still be in the hospital!
155 could have been possible, and I could see how they thought that 170 would be possible given his domination at his current division (though we see now how ridiculous that would have been)...but I've never heard them suggest that he could win at 185, and that's obviously nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)