U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Will it End?
Nunes - KO or TKO Win 15 45.45%
Rousey - Submission Win 14 42.42%
Fight Goes Full Rounds, Ends with Descision 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 08:34 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She is a despicable person. That is easy to see.

Is she gonna be a boxing champ anytime soon?
Again what makes her dispicable?
She isn't claiming to be going to boxing.

You clearly don't know anything about her, or humanity in general if you think she's "dispicable"

Such a dumb thing to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Mayweather has never made claims on going to mma and beating the top athletes. Ronda felt she could beat Mayweather and Layla Ali in boxing. He also has a perfect record 49-0. And he owns his own boxing career which is what a lot of MMA stars are trying to do with their super-fights, big money fights. (Mayweather promotions) His personality is his gimmick to make people hate or like him. (look at Conor McGregor) How many people tune to his fights to watch him win or lose? In the end, he laughs to the bank. You can dislike the man's personality but he is a top level defensive boxer who has taken very little damage in his career.

Imagine cashing a check like the below.
Ahhh yes the boxing apologists always point to big checks, fact is all that money doesn't make him a good person. Doesn't have anything to do with his "persona" it's who he is, a woman beating racist. A "despicable" human being.

And yes he has actually said on several occasions he would beat any mma fighter in mma. Of course his cop out to this is money. Always a cop out.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:24 PM

1,478 posts, read 553,216 times
I don't think Ronda Rousey is a despicable person. Not do I think Floyd Mayweather is one. I don't think either are saints like Mother Teresa but neither am I and very few people are.

I think Floyd has his own sins and certain character defects but I think a lot of his talk and showboating was marketing. I believe it was Bob Arum (sp?) who said Floyd had came to him and told him he wanted him to make him popular among black people. Bob said in interview that at the time he did not know what Floyd meant but now he does. Floyd wanted to become a celebrity among the Hip Hop Generations. He wanted to be on par with black rappers etc. in his celebrity status. He made a change from "Pretty Boy" to Floyd "Money" Mayweather. This in part of whole explains the on camera money flashing. Flashing money, bragging about personal wealth, and even "making it rain" are virtues and cheered in Hip Hop culture. Refer to the rap song "All I do is Win."

I don't believe Floyd let the media claims go to his head, rather he used the media masterfully to make himself incredibly rich.

I actually think Floyd has more compassion than he portrays. I don't ever recall him attacking Oscar dela Hoya for his cocaine addiction that led him to crossdressing. And after Ronda Rousey lost her first fight he did not jump on the bandwagon to kick her when she was down, but instead he offered her his personal assistance in boxing instructions.

Ronda Rousey actually believed the super-woman hype MMA marketing sold about her. Black male boxers have been some of the most charitable in comments and critiques about her ever sense her lost to Holly Holmes. Be it Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr, or Zab Juda on YouTube interviews about her knock out to Holly Holmes.

But former female boxer Anne Wolfe was personally upset with Ronda thinking she as a girl could defeat a exceptional male boxer like Floyd Mayweather. Wolfe says women can't take punches from men such as Mayweather. She says in the video below that it is like an ant trying to take on an elephant.

Last edited by Frogburn; 01-02-2017 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 PM

That video. Anne Wolf explaining why Ronda Rousey's claim she could take on Floyd Mayweather in boxing upsets her. The "ant to elephant" thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0HaWI70Eg
Ann Wolfe on Ronda Rousey 'My daughter would whoop her mother F^&$%# ass!'

Old 01-02-2017, 11:57 PM

Roy and Zab give their perspectives on her first loss to Holly Holmes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONeCj04gI4o
ROY JONES JR. SOUNDS OFF ON RONDA ROUSEY'S KO LOSS TO HOLLY HOLM; SAYS SHE HAS TO RESPECT OPPONENTS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcrlMFH1i1M
ZAB JUDAH COMMENTS ON RONDA ROUSEY'S KO LOSS TO HOLLY HOLM; SAYS WE'LL SEE IF SHE'S A REAL CHAMPION

The person that put up the Zab video took one comment from him and put it in the title as if that was the bulk of what he said. Mostly he said no one should kick her while she's down that losses come.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:01 AM

193 posts, read 113,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Rousey's problem is her coach. 100% its her coach!! Armenian dude totally screwed her up soooo bad trying to get her to do stand up instead of her world class judo. Coach is a jerk. Coach is a poor poor coach. Coach himself has no skills. Dont know how she got hooked up with that loser. Even her mother told her before the loss to the hillbilly trailer park chick to dump that coach and stick with the judo.
Her coach? LOL, he wasn't the problem when she was undefeated as was hyped up by the media to be the super athletes and someone who could knock out Floyd Mayweather. hahhahahahahah!

Face it, Ronda joined the UFC when there was no other elite fighter. She fought nothing but cans. As the women's division grew and more and more elite female fighter joined the league with DECENT striking skills, Ronda the JUDO practitioner HAS zero chance against any of them.

Doesn't matter if she switches coach, join a new team, Ronda is GARBAGE. He was over-hyped and was never really an elite fighter.

Did you idiots even watch 207? Ronda didn't try to box. She just got hit and never recovered. She tried to go in for a clinch but kept on getting punched.

She's a Judo practitioner with ZERO take down skills. Ronda was never an elite fighter. The competition just got better with real stickers.

If Ronda fought Nunes in 2013, Ronda would have never been the Champion. Nunes would be the Elite female athlete.

What's sad is Ronda fell for the hype and the label everyone gave her. Her problem is she's a bad fighter but doesn't know it.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:16 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Ahhh yes the boxing apologists always point to big checks, fact is all that money doesn't make him a good person. Doesn't have anything to do with his "persona" it's who he is, a woman beating racist. A "despicable" human being.

And yes he has actually said on several occasions he would beat any mma fighter in mma. Of course his cop out to this is money. Always a cop out.
I am not an avid boxing fan. Who said money made him a good person? His business acumen has generated him that much income per fight. (something that MMA fighters are now trying to copy)

Also, why do you care if he is a good person? And how many woman beaters exist in all walks of life? How is Floyd a racist?

What happened in the past is the past. I believe Floyd has learned from his mistakes as others have too. People can change their behavior. (a la Mike Tyson, Robert Downey Jr, etc) Also, good and evil are points of view.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,521,893 times
I recall watching a great welter weight boxer in the 1950's ( Carmen Basillio) ( one of my favorites)

His motto was " I'll take 2 of your punches to land 1 of mine "

After nearly every victory his face was swollen.

Ronda Rousey tried to take 10 blows in hopes of getting 1 in.

Doesn't work !

Old 01-03-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I am not an avid boxing fan. Who said money made him a good person? His business acumen has generated him that much income per fight. (something that MMA fighters are now trying to copy)

Also, why do you care if he is a good person? And how many woman beaters exist in all walks of life? How is Floyd a racist?

What happened in the past is the past. I believe Floyd has learned from his mistakes as others have too. People can change their behavior. (a la Mike Tyson, Robert Downey Jr, etc) Also, good and evil are points of view.
The other poster called Ronda a poor excuse for a human, then proceeded to talk Ronda and mayweather. Thus the comparisons.
He is a POS who has been a woman beater on multiple occasions. Yes people can change, but he's got a long road before he proves he has changed that. (Most recent slightly more than a year ago)

As for his racism, go watch his videos, see how he talked about manny, and others.

And I didn't bring up the money, you guys brought it up trying to defend him, giving the implication that his pay somehow makes his actions better.
What money he makes and how, has zero to do with Ronda, nunes, mma or how big a dbag he may or may not be.

Despicable human being
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/opinio...weather-fight/

Old 01-03-2017, 09:39 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The other poster called Ronda a poor excuse for a human, then proceeded to talk Ronda and mayweather. Thus the comparisons.
He is a POS who has been a woman beater on multiple occasions. Yes people can change, but he's got a long road before he proves he has changed that. (Most recent slightly more than a year ago)

As for his racism, go watch his videos, see how he talked about manny, and others.

And I didn't bring up the money, you guys brought it up trying to defend him, giving the implication that his pay somehow makes his actions better.
What money he makes and how, has zero to do with Ronda, nunes, mma or how big a dbag he may or may not be.

Despicable human being
Why do we ignore Mayweather's domestic abuse? - CNN.com
Connor Mcgregor made racial remarks about Nick Diaz. It's called professional banter to hype up a fight. Ali did it. It's all about creating a buzz, controversy, etc for the fight. This will generate interest and bring big PPV and gate #s.

I brought up pay since a lot of MMA fighters are trying to create super-fights for a big pay day. You have Connor trying to fight Floyd for a big pay day, etc. Floyd is one of the best defensive boxers and a savvy boxing promoter.

He is a woman beater yet the woman still flock to him. It says a lot about said woman. Also, none of us were there to witness the incident. How do we know the lady didn't instigate the fight?

There are a lot worse people than Floyd. Despicable Humans to me are serial killers, murders, arsonists, robbers, rapists, swindlers, etc. What Floyd did was bad yes but it doesn't make him a despicable human IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)