U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:55 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,205,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I don't know where this is coming from, but you don't know anything about me. I don't even know why you felt compelled to enter this conversation.

My response was to someone that said boxing is not a fight. Boxing is a fight where you have no choice but to move and evade and throw or take punches. McGregor was very cocky going into the fight with Mayweather, but in boxing, if you gas, you have nowhere to go. McGregor found this out the hard way.

This is a fact. You don't think being in such a position that McGregor was, helpless to the point to where the ref had to stop the fight, wasn't a fight? If McGregor didn't go down, and the ref didn't stop the fight, Mayweather could have done extensive damage.

Do you disagree with this? Now, I am bored. You always intervene and state obvious stuff that I didn't say. Where I did mention 4.4 athletes, etc. I know that you can't judge a fighter by his athletic qualities necessarily, although if an athlete can put it together, they will make a great fighter, as long as they have the intention to fight.

That's obvious too. Anyway, I honestly have more important things to deal with than this. But I agree with what you said, but thanks for inventing an argument I didn't get into.
i jumped in because your "points" were pointless, and i enjoy making you look like the 14 year old you are.

boxing is NOT a fight. it is a sport. MMA is NOT a fight, it is a sport. all that said, MMA is far loser to a real fight then boxing ever could hope to be.
i mean 2 school yard kids step onto the baseball field, " ok wait, no wrestling, no kicking, now throwing, lets just stand here and dance around and punch each other a few times and go home"

mcgregor was gassed, not injured. his gas tank was not where it should be, and it doesnt surprise me. that said, mayweather wasnt doing **** for damage.
but what difference does that make, that fight was months ago, and youre still in here trying to gloat like YOU were (or ever have been for that mater) in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzGZR1YuP0

yeah this guy looks like someone who was near death or what ever it is you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 07:39 AM

3,276 posts, read 1,499,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i jumped in because your "points" were pointless, and i enjoy making you look like the 14 year old you are.

boxing is NOT a fight. it is a sport. MMA is NOT a fight, it is a sport. all that said, MMA is far loser to a real fight then boxing ever could hope to be.
i mean 2 school yard kids step onto the baseball field, " ok wait, no wrestling, no kicking, now throwing, lets just stand here and dance around and punch each other a few times and go home"

mcgregor was gassed, not injured. his gas tank was not where it should be, and it doesnt surprise me. that said, mayweather wasnt doing **** for damage.
but what difference does that make, that fight was months ago, and youre still in here trying to gloat like YOU were (or ever have been for that mater) in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzGZR1YuP0

yeah this guy looks like someone who was near death or what ever it is you think.
You must be some awesome bad ass the way you talk. Who are you? Should I know about you?

Apparently, you're a legend in your own mind.

I already told, you I don't care. McGregor got the **** beat out of him. I'm sorry you're having trouble dealing with this.

Sounds like you're having a breakdown. I can't help you with this. Try the psychology forum.

And stop assuming things about me. You don't know anything about me, but if it makes you feel better, assume things. Apparently you have a small life because you always act like this.

Your hero McGregor got the **** beat outta him. Deal with hit.

What are you even saying anyway? That to fight in MMA you need more than one discipline????

Oh God. Thank you for you wisdom. Wow. That's so intelligent. I never thought that. I mean, it's only called Mixed Martial Arts.

Nobody cares.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
You must be some awesome bad ass the way you talk. Who are you? Should I know about you?

Apparently, you're a legend in your own mind.

I already told, you I don't care. McGregor got the **** beat out of him. I'm sorry you're having trouble dealing with this.

Sounds like you're having a breakdown. I can't help you with this. Try the psychology forum.

And stop assuming things about me. You don't know anything about me, but if it makes you feel better, assume things. Apparently you have a small life because you always act like this.

Your hero McGregor got the **** beat outta him. Deal with hit.

What are you even saying anyway? That to fight in MMA you need more than one discipline????

Oh God. Thank you for you wisdom. Wow. That's so intelligent. I never thought that. I mean, it's only called Mixed Martial Arts.

Nobody cares.
you really need to go back and re-read this thread. youre the one who cant let mcgregor go. i didnt bring him up, you did, REPEATEDLY.

nope, im nobody, just been fighting all my life. training, in the military, in the gym, all my life.
nobody special at all.

i know enough about you by the things you post, youre young, easily under 30, likely early 20s at best inexperienced.

id put money on you have said "trump is not my president" at least a couple of times...

you love boxing so much, go play on the boxing board. why do you always want to come to the mma board and try to troll? thats why im on this thread calling your BS out, because you are a troll.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:29 AM

2,877 posts, read 3,304,252 times
Quote:
id put money on you have said "trump is not my president" at least a couple of times...
Hmmm. Trump is not my president.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Hmmm. Trump is not my president.
lmao but whos your queen lol

Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 AM

3,276 posts, read 1,499,046 times
Quote:
you really need to go back and re-read this thread. youre the one who cant let mcgregor go. i didnt bring him up, you did, REPEATEDLY.

nope, im nobody, just been fighting all my life. training, in the military, in the gym, all my life.
nobody special at all.

i know enough about you by the things you post, youre young, easily under 30, likely early 20s at best inexperienced.

you love boxing so much, go play on the boxing board. why do you always want to come to the mma board and try to troll? thats why im on this thread calling your BS out, because you are a troll.
Every time I engage in conversation with you, I feel like you get so mad, that if you saw me sitting in my car in the parking lot, that you would punch out my window and just drag me out by the window and beat me until I can't open my eyes.

Chill bro.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:08 PM

2,877 posts, read 3,304,252 times
Quote:
lmao but whos your queen lol
Shirley Bassey

Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Every time I engage in conversation with you, I feel like you get so mad, that if you saw me sitting in my car in the parking lot, that you would punch out my window and just drag me out by the window and beat me until I can't open my eyes.

Chill bro.
Nobody is mad, I just find your posts/comments ignorant and uninformed.

You should really get in a gym, try it out.

What city are you in? Iíll send you the best gyms in your area.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:34 PM

1,138 posts, read 559,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostSpot View Post
This is after watching Conor McGregor lose

1. The UFC needs to pay their fighters better. If it wasn't for this then Conor wouldn't have looked somewhere else to get paid. As we are speaking Jose Aldo is in Robert Garcia's boxing gym talking about wanting to fight professionally as a boxer after his UFC contract is over. Nate Diaz has also talked about wanting to go to boxing.

2. The UFC needs to add more rounds in ALL of their fights. Why are ONLY championship fights 5 rounds? 5 rounds isn't even enough. After Conor's embarrassing performance he said he wasn't used to 12 rounds of boxing= 36 minutes, now the boxing world is laughing at just the fact UFC's best fighter got tired fast and couldn't last 10 rounds. I say making it 8 rounds would be the right thing to do, it will be 40 minutes compared to boxing which has 36 minutes.

3. Dana White should have NEVER allowed Conor to box. I am already seeing many comments by UFC fans saying they are embarrassed by Conor's performance and no longer going to be ordering paperviews and are sticking with boxing instead. Conor needs to retired. He embarrassment the UFC and let down his fans. The UFC is going to do worse with paperview buys now and it's a lost for MMA. Now other fighters want to go to pro boxing like I said so Dana White will lose fighters just by allowing Conor to do it and then him losing will cost the UFC fans. They don't have the same respect they did before he fought Mayweather. Mayweather did what he wanted and finished him when he wanted. Conor should just retire and enjoy his money. He let us (MMA fans) down. All of that trash talk for NOTHING. Mayweather talks but he backs it up. Conor should go to the WWE instead.
Actually, it's probably better to shorten the number of rounds of boxing. Just ask any neuroradiologist.
In the early 1900s, boxing used to allow a large numbers of rounds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_J._Corbett

The rules were changed to a maximum of 15. But in 1982 a boxer was killed by head trauma late
in a fight, and the limit was changed to 12. That probably saved Hearns in the rematch with Sugar Ray Leonard. In 1981, Hearns was knocked out in round 13. In the 1989 rematch, Hearns was about to get knocked out again by the end of round 12. The bout ended in a draw. If it had gone to 13, the result likely would have been a loss for Hearns like in 1981. The 15 round fights had many boxers burn out late while seemingly ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgqk3X4FoBM

As for UFC, the wrestling aspect burns far more calories. Five minutes of wrestling someone like
Cain V. will burn far more calories than Ali did in three rounds with Frazier. The difference though is
head trauma. Boxing has far more neural damage, so the rounds were shortened over its long history.
Skeptics can just take someone of their body weight and try to carry that mass up a flight of stairs.
That is the level of exertion done in many UFC matches when they turn to wrestling and judo.
Wrestling practices in HS were far more difficult than basketball or even two-a-day football practice.
Plus most guys lose at some point - even Cael Sonnen.

Conor's "fatigue" was likely more due to head trauma and dizziness from a better boxer. But if it had been a UFC match, Conor likely would have just taken down Mayweather and used a guillotine or knee strikes that could have ended it quickly. Recall Couture vs Toney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c9EKzj2GgQ

Old 03-07-2018, 12:38 PM

8,122 posts, read 5,312,570 times
UFC needs to incorporate Glory Kickboxing into their UFC PPV events. They should also limit the # of FS1 events they make since their PPVs sometimes don't have a solid card. They should invest in the broadcast of feeder MMA and kickboxing organization. They can make a lot of money and potentially find a new star. They can also broadcast this on their UFC.COM site.

The bulk of their MMA stars are old, in retirement stage, or in trouble of some sort (health or criminal). THey need to heavily invest in the marketing of future stars. Use the UFC Embedded, a UFC spotlight on fighters, etc.

Gone are the good old days when they had a lot of stars and superstars. every PPV has 2 -4 solid fights on their main card.

The only superstars are - Jon Jones, Demtrius Johnson, GSP, Joanna Jerdercyz, Conor McGregor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)