U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 04:24 PM

468 posts, read 166,940 times

Advertisements

He came all the way over here to NY back in April to pull this sh$t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63OCvuC-GSY

He needs to either be placed in a mental institution or in prison before someone messes him up big time outside of the ring as well as inside of it as Khabib did last night,

And very well done Khabib ...after he bad mouthed and insulted you, your family, your religion etc...you exposed him for just what he is ....a black hearted mean blabber mouth who has became rich by being a loser.

Last edited by NY 915; 10-07-2018 at 04:53 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 04:49 PM

2,696 posts, read 987,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Great points but personally I think Mac is done- he runs his foul mouth for weeks and simply has nothing but flimsy defense in the ring. Diaz 2 was the last meager attempt he had-
I wish Mac had fought a little last night but I think he simply has lost the ability - he does not walk the talk and probably can't
I disagree. Listen, is Mcgregor a jerk? Yes. But has he lost a step? Absolutely not. He came up against the better man. He's still a top 3 lightweight in the game. Does he really no longer "walk the walk" simply because he came up against a better opponent and lost? I think you're getting too caught up in wanting to create a narrative because it's human nature to do so. Mac just lost, plain and simple.

I do find it interesting that he didn't really fight the choke. Didn't really register that fact til my coach brought it up today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I agree.

Khabib took the fight to the ground 1 and 2 and won those rounds. In round 3, Conor was able to have the fight stay on their feet for a good amount of time to win that round. Round 4, Khabib went back to his game plan to win the fight.

IMO, it would be difficult for him to win the rematch. He would have to learn wrestling and jujitsu for a good amount of time.

He should move away from Khabib. He should fight Jose Aldo and then fight Max Holloway and finish his career with the trilogy fight with Nate Diaz. Mayweather will destroy him again and Khabib and Ferguson might spell trouble for Conor.

Mayweather - Boxing Defensive GOAT. Please don't rematch this dude.
Khabib - Wrestling/Sambo
Ferguson - Boxing, Jujitsu, wrestling, taller/longer reach, massive gas tank
I think of anyone, Tony has the best shot at beating Khabib. And while I still would give Tony the edge, I think Conor would have a better shot at beating Tony than he would in a rematch against Khabib. And I agree, I don't want an immediate rematch between Khabib and Conor, and think Conor should fight other contenders. Diaz-Mac 3 should certainly be on the agenda. Actually....I could definitely foresee the UFC matching up GSP against McGregor. UFC is all about the green, and GSP wants the fight. I just don't know that McGregor does. I don't think it'd be a smart move for him now that he just lost.

I know we've discussed this before, but I truly don't think we're going to see Aldo McGregor 2. I also feel the time for it is past, to be honest. It would've been more interesting if the rematch could've been instant.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:53 PM

Whose talking now McGregor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-Kzt7JFKc

Old 10-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Great points but personally I think Mac is done- he runs his foul mouth for weeks and simply has nothing but flimsy defense in the ring. Diaz 2 was the last meager attempt he had-
I wish Mac had fought a little last night but I think he simply has lost the ability - he does not walk the talk and probably can't
I'm of the opinion that the $85 million he eventually received from the Mayweather fight changed him...and for the worse.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:30 PM

872 posts, read 295,295 times
I agree- I think he's seriously NOT hungry
Totally see your points Valhallian and We do disagree for the most part but I do hope Mac maybe gets some serious council- that he can accept and implement- seemed like last night was an mma mayweather
GSP is awesome - I am not sure where he would stand on that match but after last night Mac is not going to get much better than + 300 lol!! Plus I don't see Mac going up a class at this point
I would have taken Mac as the underdog last night but never again and I'm not gonna buy his Irish !

Old 10-07-2018, 06:04 PM

8,083 posts, read 5,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post
I'm of the opinion that the $85 million he eventually received from the Mayweather fight changed him...and for the worse.
When he beat Jose Aldo in 6 seconds and won the belt his ego took a boost. Then he became the UFC"s poster boy and fan/media favorite.

His ego got higher after the Diaz 2 fight and then the ultimate boost when he won against Alvarez and became a 2 belt champion. That was and will be the highest point of his UFC career IMO. I doubt he will win against Khabib if a rematch happens and he probably doesn't want to cut weight to go back to the lower weight class. His boxing career was short-lived but profitable. He also won in other ways in the Mayweather fight. His popularity became higher, more endorsements, UFC would have to pay him better, etc.

He should have just retired on top.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 PM

1,038 posts, read 387,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I donít think anyone is questioning the fighting. But the after show shenanigans that went down looked like something from a WWE script.

MMA needs to nip this in the bud. Fine Khabib and prevent him from defending his title for a year. Otherwise, what happens the next time he loses it - he bites someone's ear off?

Khabib may be a great, undefeated fighter, but he's no professional.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:06 PM

4,718 posts, read 10,316,418 times
^ I agree.

I want to see if UFC has the balls to suspend him for a whole year or not. I actually think they have to do it for the integrity of the sport.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:16 PM

2,696 posts, read 987,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
^ I agree.

I want to see if UFC has the balls to suspend him for a whole year or not. I actually think they have to do it for the integrity of the sport.
So no suspensions for any of Conor's conduct in the past, but we suspend Khabib? I'm not okay with that double standard. Conor has done as bad and worse as what Khabib did last night.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 PM

16,457 posts, read 16,555,552 times
Dana should have told both of them to tone it down or not fight...and ban any fighter who pulls despicable trash like was seen in this UFC.

Seriously, if that melee would have turned into a large-scale riot with lots of serious injuries, maybe even deaths, UFC would have been the first target for the lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)