Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 04:50 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times

Advertisements

Finally. This is a growing sport that is just getting bigger and Dana White is a putz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
lmao yeah i cant stand dana but he has turned MMA into what it is now. the gracies never planned for it to get liek this when rorian started the 1st UFC and if it was not for dana and the fertitas 99% of the people watching, growing and learning MMA would still be watching worthless boxing and WWE!

now if he would just drop that dueche joe rogan and bring back randy or frank mir to commentate the world would be at peace!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
I actually like Rogan. Some or many say he's an idiot, but I feel he does a great job!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
i just cant stand his over reaction and false info he puts out some times not to mention his love of eddie bravo and the rubber guard.

nothing worse then "oh he has xxxxxxxx on TIGHT, no hes out"

Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i just cant stand his over reaction and false info he puts out some times not to mention his love of eddie bravo and the rubber guard.

It's "oh he has xxxxx DEEEEEP, oh he's out"..Pisses me off to.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,346 times
hey i live in iron river michigan and i've been trying to get into this for awhile, but i can't find any place close. currently i can't even go more than an hour drive. so if you can help me find someplace that would be awsome.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

A little hyper-critical if you ask me. Any commentator of any sport has a tough job, but in the octagon where you need to commentate so quickly and things are changing so fast right before your eyes... man, that's tough. I've commentated baseball before and that's about as easy as it gets, but that's not easy either - I can't imagine how difficult always giving accurate, well-timed calls in the UFC is when you literally have to guess for the fans what you're seeing.

For what he does, he's a great commentator. I notice when he's not on the broadcast almost immediately - there is something missing. I give him 2 approving thumbs up.

The only downside to Rogan is that he wasn't a former UFC'er like Randy, but truthfully, he has a much, much, much better voice for broadcasting than does Randy.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Great post! Great points! I agree 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
A little hyper-critical if you ask me. Any commentator of any sport has a tough job, but in the octagon where you need to commentate so quickly and things are changing so fast right before your eyes... man, that's tough. I've commentated baseball before and that's about as easy as it gets, but that's not easy either - I can't imagine how difficult always giving accurate, well-timed calls in the UFC is when you literally have to guess for the fans what you're seeing.

For what he does, he's a great commentator. I notice when he's not on the broadcast almost immediately - there is something missing. I give him 2 approving thumbs up.

The only downside to Rogan is that he wasn't a former UFC'er like Randy, but truthfully, he has a much, much, much better voice for broadcasting than does Randy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)