U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM

755 posts, read 2,034,175 times

Advertisements

Anyone else watching this? I've found it to be pretty entertaining. I have to say I haven't always been a Rashad Evans fan but compared to Rampage Jackson he seems to know what he's doing as far as coaching goes or maybe Rampage just doesn't care. It's all heavyweights which makes it more entertaining and also with the inclusion of Kimbo Slice being a contestant it has the making for a good season. Anway Kimbo got called out so he fights this Wednesday, it's going to be interesting to see if his 2nd chance at being a real fighter pays off. I think he's going get beat and that will be the last we see of him except maybe back on youtube.

The Ultimate Fighter® : Heavyweights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,735,515 times
he should get beat unless "big country" gasses out. from what i've seen, there are a lot of unskilled fighters this season. former NFL players tend not to be the most skilled fighters.

it appears that Quinton's guys are big and strong, but not very skilled -- and that Rashad's guys are fat and out of shape, but with more skills and experience. that said, i think Kimbo could beat a lot of the guys based on what i've seen so far.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,525,260 times
Since I think 99 Percent of "reality" TV is staged, I think the teams are staged as well. Meaning that Dana knows way in advance who is going to fight, and he has them paired up by skill level, and the whole team thing is just a dog and pony show.

There is no way Dana would sacrifice Kimbo this early in the show by putting him up agaist someone who could finish him early. Dana knows that it will be an even fight, but may lead more for Kimbo (JMO)

In order to maximize the Kimbo draw, he has to last at least until near the end. I can also see that the "tension" between Rashad and Rampage feels forced, the only thing about this show that is real are the fight scenes, and there is no telling what happens during editing with them

Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
he should get beat unless "big country" gasses out. from what i've seen, there are a lot of unskilled fighters this season. former NFL players tend not to be the most skilled fighters.

it appears that Quinton's guys are big and strong, but not very skilled -- and that Rashad's guys are fat and out of shape, but with more skills and experience. that said, i think Kimbo could beat a lot of the guys based on what i've seen so far.
i agree! being big and strong does not make you a good fighter like some people think. even in "the real world" (no not mtv's real world) just because yo uare big and strong doesnt make you tough.

i dont think anything is staged other then the rashad/rampage BS talk. the selections and everything IMO are not staged. dana ensures that he still gets the kimbo draw when they decided to not kick people out of the house after season 1. so win or lose kimbo will be on the show till the end. now obviously he would draw more if he is still fighting but hell if seth patrazeli can KO kimbo then big country can beat him.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,735,515 times
Quote:
I can also see that the "tension" between Rashad and Rampage feels forced
seems more like an "odd couple" budy movie to me. not for one second have i ever bought into the "heat" between Rampage and Rashad.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 AM

1,959 posts, read 5,916,722 times
Word on the street is Kimbo gets stopped late in the 1st round via TKO. I heard that months ago, soon we will find out if that true or a bogus story.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
i believe that was a rumor that was started on the UG by wes sims. he likes to make stuff up as a "prank". sorta like the kimo is dead rumor that got started on the UG also.

we will see, and i am pulling for big country just because i gots me a belly these days too LMAO. oh and because i hate all the kimbo HAIRissues?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:37 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,525,260 times
From the preview, it looks like Kimbo lands a devastating right cross to Big country's dome, then it cuts off. We shall see!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 PM

1,959 posts, read 5,916,722 times
Ah! I didnt know for sure if that was BS! Here in Vegas people are saying Kimbo gets staggered late in the first from a big right hand, fight stopped via TKO strikes in the 1st. Thats kinda funny if Wes Simms started that story. Well tomorrow we will know for sure. Hope its a good fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i believe that was a rumor that was started on the UG by wes sims. he likes to make stuff up as a "prank". sorta like the kimo is dead rumor that got started on the UG also.

we will see, and i am pulling for big country just because i gots me a belly these days too LMAO. oh and because i hate all the kimbo HAIRissues?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:44 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,011,958 times
I think Kimbo wins this fight... they guy's reputation is on the line and he knows it. He just need to be more cautious than he was in his last fight, and he needs to pace himself so he doesn't get gassed halfway through the first round. If I was coaching any of these guys, I would tell them to conserve energy round one and let the other guy push the action. Round 2, go for the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)