Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:19 PM

81 posts, read 107,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Do you do Wing Chun? Do you know first hand that its good or do you just think based on YouTube vids and one or two people you may have met that its good?
To judge any art of a youtube vid would be silly IMO. I did Wing Chun for about 10 years. I love the hands and the sensitivity that Wing Chun gives you. I now study Silat but still use the Wing Chun hand to enter and such. I'm more of a fan of mixing up the systems you learn. Wing Chun from the waste down is worthless to me but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
^
I've been on youtube trying to find some clips of Wing Chun stylist vs boxers. Haven't found any yet. I'd like to see how a WC fighter handles a boxer.
I would agree that a traditional Wing Chun guy would get killed by a boxer most of the time. And sorry if I tried to make it sound like Wing Chun was superior to other striking arts, it's just the art I like. I use Wing Chun to enter, I would never stay outside with a boxer. I know I would get killed. Trad. Wing Chun is done is a goat stance which is ****tared to me, I fight in more of a boxing or forward stance. And again, I'm just using it to close the distance so I can use my Silat.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I first watched that about a year ago. I've wondered what that kid was using? Is that Wing Chun? Looks like something pretty traditional.

A lot a gangster wannabees are all talk. They try to intimidate with their look and attitude. They walk around never ever smile, witha chip on their shoulder. True badasses with confidence don't act like that, at least most don't in my opinion.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
i would say this kid is using some traditional kung fu who knows. its pretty funny though.
all talk?
you mean like this?
(language warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i would say this kid is using some traditional kung fu who knows. its pretty funny though.
all talk?
you mean like this?
(language warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk
LMAO!! That idiot got what he deserved. Threatening and attacking a 67 year old man.

My favorite part of the vid was at the end where the guy says: "....bring a amalambs..........bring a amalambs".

Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM

yeah i like how he gets up after beard man was off the bus and starts talkin smack again. but real quiet, not loud enough for anyone but the real close camera to catch it.

turns out the black guy had spent like 16 yrs in prison for murder or something,and this was part of his parole revocation and is now headed back to the pen. he better hope they dont get youtube in prison lol.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:09 PM

That was awesome. I guess there is something to the saying about old man strength.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Did you that girl? "beat his white ass" and then she says "we can press charges" OMG. Then someone says that old man must be on dope and that's why jacked that dudes melon. That was funny

Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM

teh beard man is a vietnam vet, not sure what branch. he learned a long time ago to strike fast, furious and first! so to the topic of this thread, the best punch defense is to strike 1st fast and hard, the nget the hell out of dodge!

Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I first watched that about a year ago. I've wondered what that kid was using? Is that Wing Chun? Looks like something pretty traditional.

A lot a gangster wannabees are all talk. They try to intimidate with their look and attitude. They walk around never ever smile, witha chip on their shoulder. True badasses with confidence don't act like that, at least most don't in my opinion.

Absolutely NOT Wing Chun, WC is all about center line, NOT that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)