Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

UFC Debuts Live on Big Screen in HD with UFC 111

apparently the ufc is going to be shown at movie theaters now. apparently nobody wants to watch those giant roided up, out of shape fat guys with no skills laying on top of each other for 5 minutes in their panties.

oh well there are always other combat sports to watch at home in my moms basement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
Dana White is pure genious. He's the man you love to hate, but you gotta admit, this is revolutionary...i mean, what's next?? Monday Night Football on the Big Screen?? this could open up all kinds of new arena's for people to view all kinds of sports!

shoot, in some theaters they serve beer while you're sitting down watching a movie!!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM

yeah we have some theaters (movie tavern) that serves regular food and drinks (beer, wine, mixed what ever). its great with a kid too, put a pizza or what not and a glass of milk or what ever and let them watch a movie, kills 2 birds.

here in houston they show super bowl at some theaters but not much. we will see how this goes, i am not sure if everyone is going to fall in line here because of the beer/food thing

Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
yeah we have some theaters (movie tavern) that serves regular food and drinks (beer, wine, mixed what ever). its great with a kid too, put a pizza or what not and a glass of milk or what ever and let them watch a movie, kills 2 birds.

here in houston they show super bowl at some theaters but not much. we will see how this goes, i am not sure if everyone is going to fall in line here because of the beer/food thing
And the taking thing also. I like to talk alot of smack while watching the fights.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
UFC Debuts Live on Big Screen in HD with UFC 111

apparently the ufc is going to be shown at movie theaters now. apparently nobody wants to watch those giant roided up, out of shape fat guys with no skills laying on top of each other for 5 minutes in their panties.

oh well there are always other combat sports to watch at home in my moms basement.
well apparently they do if its going to be shown in movie theaters

Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
well apparently they do if its going to be shown in movie theaters
the sarcasm was apparently lost on you with this one.

sarcasm, its your friend.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:45 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Quote:
the sarcasm was apparently lost on you with this one.

sarcasm, its your friend.
Sarcasm is tough on the internet. I thought you were literal at first saying they were out of shape. haha.

I hadn't heard about theaters, but yeah UFC is pretty bad ass even though I don't make it a point to watch any fight, if it's on, I'm down to watch a good fight. Beats the hell out of boxing. I like it a lot, but any sport to me is kinda trivial to get wrapped up in.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM

81 posts, read 107,941 times
I haven't decided if I'm going to watch. It's 20 bucks here but I would like to experience it. We shall see.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
I haven't decided if I'm going to watch. It's 20 bucks here but I would like to experience it. We shall see.
the $20 thing is the only downfall to this IMO. i mean think about it this way, my wife and i like to watch, my son likes some of the fights to. if just my wife and i go thats $40 and to get it in HD at the house is only $55. i can sit at home and watch in the comfort of my couch, drink beer (and not $5-7 beer) and eat food for a reasonable price. even going to hooters or buffalo wild wings or what not, i can get food, beer and no cover. if they really want this to work they need to come off that price. make it just like buying a movie ticket ($6-7-8) and then maybe it will work. hell we generally have about 10-15 people over (we rotate who is hosting) and everyone will generally pitch in like $10 for the PPV, food and a BYOB type thing. so if we all go to the theater thats $200-300 before any food and most theaters dont let you drink.

the more i think about it the less i think it will work out but it will be like you said people will go because they want to check out the experience. one maybe twice.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
i watch all ufc events for free and get like a papa johns pizza
free >>>>>>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)