Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

i have a problem with him messing around, showboating and not finishing the fight. i mean he danced around and looked like a fool for running away and what not for 3+ rounds and didnt finish the fight. if he danced around for a round or so and then just got to work and put maia away, then great dance all you want. you cant slap yourself, scream come on, wave your opponent in and then throw a stiff jab and then run away. even the ref told him "you run away one more time i will take a point away".

what i have noticed after watching a few of his fights lately including the last one, he cant put a guy away unless the guy chases him. i mean he and machida fight the same exact fight, i would hate to watch them fight each other. look at irvin, and forest, they both chased him, they both initiated and they both got beat down but guys like maia and leites who didnt chase lost but they didnt get KOed or beat down or what not, they went to decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i have a problem with him messing around, showboating and not finishing the fight. i mean he danced around and looked like a fool for running away and what not for 3+ rounds and didnt finish the fight. if he danced around for a round or so and then just got to work and put maia away, then great dance all you want. you cant slap yourself, scream come on, wave your opponent in and then throw a stiff jab and then run away. even the ref told him "you run away one more time i will take a point away".

what i have noticed after watching a few of his fights lately including the last one, he cant put a guy away unless the guy chases him. i mean he and machida fight the same exact fight, i would hate to watch them fight each other. look at irvin, and forest, they both chased him, they both initiated and they both got beat down but guys like maia and leites who didnt chase lost but they didnt get KOed or beat down or what not, they went to decision.
Same here, his style drives me nuts to watch. The showboating and dancing around stuff makes him look like a even bigger jacka@@. I don't like the guy and I never will.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

AS and Machida have said they will not fight.Thet are evidently extremely good friends.I would like to see AS take on Shogun or Evans.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Silva won't ruin the UFC and you give him far too much credit. I think he just disrespects fighters who don't deserve to be in there with him. Honestly, nobody can give me any legit reason why Maia should have been in there with him. Now Dana White claims he will fire Silva if he does the "dance routine" again and claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen next. Sonnen is a better matchup than Maia but not by much. Seriously! They need to let him fight Vitor Belfort and quit screwing around. You want to watch him fight, then put him in there with a real opponent. I think thats the last challenge for him at middleweight, then he needs to permanently move up to LHW or fight GSP at a catch weight.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times
How do you fire a champion for the way he is fighting? That's ridiculous. How do you do that in ANY sport? You're either suspended or banished due to criminal activity. He de-legitimizes the UFC if he fires Silva. "Unlike boxing, we give the fans the fights they want to see." That only goes so far. Fire Silva? That'll back fire, IMO. Just like not giving "boring" fighters title shots. He can get away with that now. As this sports grows, he won't. Fans will ultimately reject seeing someone screwed "for the way they fight".

Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Silva won't ruin the UFC and you give him far too much credit. I think he just disrespects fighters who don't deserve to be in there with him. Honestly, nobody can give me any legit reason why Maia should have been in there with him. Now Dana White claims he will fire Silva if he does the "dance routine" again and claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen next. Sonnen is a better matchup than Maia but not by much. Seriously! They need to let him fight Vitor Belfort and quit screwing around. You want to watch him fight, then put him in there with a real opponent. I think thats the last challenge for him at middleweight, then he needs to permanently move up to LHW or fight GSP at a catch weight.

We are now delving into the boxing realm of "Styles make Fights".
Tyson
Delahoya
Roy Jones
Lennox Lewis
Floyd Mayweather
Pacquiao
all are stars and put butts in seats but never had that defining style, grit and guts fight. All of their fights pale in comparison to the Gatti vs Ward Fights. Gatti Ward was little more than two drunks going at it in an Alley but they were so evenly matched and showed so much heart those are the fights I will always remember.

Dana needs to pay these guys to put on the fights we want to see!
White has ruined many fighters with bad style match-ups.

GSP needs to move his huge a$z up to middleweight.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:54 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
We are now delving into the boxing realm of "Styles make Fights".
Tyson
Delahoya
Roy Jones
Lennox Lewis
Floyd Mayweather
Pacquiao
all are stars and put butts in seats but never had that defining style, grit and guts fight. All of their fights pale in comparison to the Gatti vs Ward Fights. Gatti Ward was little more than two drunks going at it in an Alley but they were so evenly matched and showed so much heart those are the fights I will always remember.

Dana needs to pay these guys to put on the fights we want to see!
White has ruined many fighters with bad style match-ups.

GSP needs to move his huge a$z up to middleweight.

well, just like not all boxing matches are "Gatti vs Ward"-like, not all MMA matches will be the same either...

i agree that dana needs to put on the fights we want to see, and for the most part, i think he's done his part...

i disagree that he's ruined many fighters with bad style match-ups...name a few fighters, so maybe i can understand...

and yeah, GSP needs to quit messin' around in WW...i'm almost to the point with him, as i am with A.Silva...except with Silva, i don't ever want to see him fight a MW again...unless it's GSP...and even then, i give A. Silva a huge advantage. if they did fight, it would have to be at the most a catch weight, definitely not WW...i'de rather they just fight at MW.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 PM

81 posts, read 107,941 times
Quote:
Anderson Silva could single handedly ruin the UFC
Is a bit much IMO. The thing with the UFC is the market the brand and not the players. Kinda like the NFL, market the game 1st, then the players. No UFC fighter is bigger than the brand which means no UFC fighter could kill the UFC. They could hurt it, that's for sure and I think Silva did just that but there were also around 10 other fights that night and some of them were pretty good. It just sucks that Silva was the last taste the fans had in their mouths as the night ended.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:27 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,160 times
It's so frustrating watching such a smooth, fluid, talented, and deadly fighter act like an idiot. He could have floored Maia at any time, but chose not to. I can't wait for somebody to figure out the puzzle that is Anderson Silva and beat him down.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
this is one of the most amazing finishes in mma EVER! oh and it has anderson silva in the video.

YouTube - Anderson Silva caught flying scissor heel hook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)