Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 AM

646 posts, read 801,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
And look what co-promoting is doing for SF, they are making horrible decisions trying to satisfy M-1. And Zuffa doesn't need to co-promote with anybody. They have the best product, most of the best fighters and don't need to get in bed with any other org. Look at every other org that got in bed with M-1. Where are they now??? Why the hell would Zuffa ever take that chance. No fighter, even Fedor is greater than that sport of MMA.
Well they did it with Liddell,taking him to pride,and Liddell got beat badly.A Fedor Brock fight would make both companies plenty of cash,but then Brock loses like Chck did and Fedor walks away and has just handed the ufc champ and ass kicking,that is why he wont co promote,he learned his lesson thinking Liddell would run through the pride guys,didnt happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
they will not co promote because they have nothing to gain. they ufc doesnt NEED fedor. if anything fedor NEEDS the ufc. he will always be "hey its that guy from pride" until he goes to the ufc. there are more sticking points then just the co-pro issues though and both sides are at fault. the ufc would liek to have him sure but they are not stupid, they are not going to just give m-1 money like that with a co-pro. it serves no positive purpose for the ufc to do it. the ufc co-proed with pride back in the day and it had nothing to do with chuck losing it had to do with the ufc losing money while pride made money on the event. in other words from a business stand point (not a who would win the title or lose the fight standpoint) it is just bad business. and dana didnt WANT chuck to go, he didnt "think chuck would run through the pride guys", chuck begged him to go so he could fight wandy. he came out and begged dana to let him do it "i can beat this guy, let me go" and it bit him in the back side while danas business took a loss.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:11 AM

81 posts, read 107,920 times
Damn Mary, do you really think Chuck losing to Rampage at Pride was some death blow?? Where is the UFC today and where is Pride today?? Keep living in the Pride past, I'm sure you blame Dana for Pride going away and not the shady business practices that Pride did. Fedor was great, just like Ali was but I'm still beating the Ali drum. Ali wasn't the top fighter at the end of his career either, it may be happening to Fedor also. I like Fedor, I like him a lot but some of his fans are worse to me than Kimbo fans. And since you keep bring up Chuck, we know Chuck isn't the best cause he's been fighting in the best, something we can't say about Fedor. I think Brock owns him inside a cage but Fedor wins inside a ring but that's just me.

As far as the Co-Pro, Rigas nailed it. Every M-1 egg is in Fedor's basket, Fedor falls, M-1 is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)