Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,778,320 times

Advertisements

Arrest of suspects in Kyser Miree murder brings relief to neighbors | al.com

There has been an update since the article was written. Suspects #3 and #4 have turned themselves in after #1 and #2 were arrested. Sad, sad stuff. I'll never understand how someone can take someone else's life. Makes no sense. At least the police finally came out on top of a case. Now have to hope the justice system comes through accordingly (I know, I know).

I'll leave the social commentary for everyone else. Just wanted to post the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 03:01 PM

143 posts, read 282,691 times
I hope they got the right guys. Assuming this is the case I'm glad they will be behind bars and off the streets. Sad story any way you look at it.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Mobile Police SWAT Team Shoots Murder Suspect - Mobile Alabama

Luckily this one doesn't reflect on Mobile per se, but this one was a murderer escaping from Tampa, FL - and was taken down today in a Mobile Days Inn. For a short commentary, I feel life would be much easier (and cheaper for the taxpayers) if more murderers/criminals got immediate justice like this. On a side note, what was he doing with a hatchet? Maybe he thought ICP is cool .

Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
I saw this on FOX 10 last night. I had a bad feeling that the murderer(s) would never get caught, but thankfully they have!

Home invasions seem to be on the rise everywhere, it's worth the money to make sure you have really good doors and locks that can't be kicked in.... and don't open the door for anyone you don't know.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Home invasions seem to be on the rise everywhere, it's worth the money to make sure you have really good doors and locks that can't be kicked in.... and don't open the door for anyone you don't know.
Yeah I have good doors and good screen doors (which are also locked at night, along with the regular doors). Also got a dog last week, but not really for safety reasons . Thinking about going with an ADT alarm system to top it off, but I don't know. Feel pretty safe in this area, so am contemplating the expenditure and having to deal with the annoyingness of an alarm system. Probably still will though, maybe after the new year. Oh, forgot, I can shoot any home-invaders lol (if I am awake) ... but hope it never comes to that.

That whole paragraph kind of makes me miss condo life. When we lived in a large building in a bigger city - never had to worry about home invasions.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,147,545 times
I believe the killers were paid to commit this crime by someone who new or was a friend to Mr.Mire

Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 AM

123 posts, read 318,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I believe the killers were paid to commit this crime by someone who new or was a friend to Mr.Mire
Then by all means enlighten us.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,147,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr crabb View Post
Then by all means enlighten us.

Just speculating but we shall see in the upcoming trial.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Mr. Miree was new to the area, so I kinda doubt he knew all that many people. I believe he was watched, and when they figured out that he lived there by himself they made their move, he was easy prey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: