Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

42 posts, read 61,249 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!! I am looking for a job in fairhope al, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I like serving, bartending, and I also am in the medical field! I do registration in the ER !!!! Help please I would like to move out there in Feb!!!! and I am a single mom! I need a day shift as well!! I am willing to do any kind of job not picky! just need to pay the bills!! Thank you for any help I can get!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:42 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
"downt town" Mobile= 20 minute commute

Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM

432 posts, read 1,255,774 times
kena,
I suggest you wait until you get down here, and then apply for a job. It will be a bit difficult to get one without a face to face interview. Also, check with hotels in the area. Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Quality Inn, Hilton Inn, Holiday Inn....These are in Daphne/Malbis/Fairhope...easy commute.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:43 PM

442 posts, read 828,392 times
May I ask why you are choosing Fairhope over Mobile? Aside from the commute to job across the bay do you think you will have the income to aford anything over with the jobs you are looking for?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 PM

To live or work? Do you think that i wouldnt make enough income to support fair hope? I dont want to commute but I would if i had to?

Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
i agree with sk8t

Old 11-16-2010, 07:47 PM

kena,
Be aware that Fairhope is not as expensive as many living in Mobile say. You can find housing for as little as $600 (rental), and if you want to buy, there are new homes being built by Adams, starting at $109k for a 1400sq ft, 3/2, all brick w/2 car garage, in a beautiful new subdivision.

Between Fairhope and the Eastern Shore Center(20 minutes), there are plenty of restaurants and places for employment to chose from...but again, you'll have to be here to judge for yourself, and apply for a job. I wish you luck!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:10 PM

Thank you very much!!!! I just would hate to not find anything! and I am a single mom and a hard worker! It seems to be very hard to make it work here in northern cali! I hope I am making a good choice for my son and I!!!!!! Thank you!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM

442 posts, read 828,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kena ceccon View Post
To live or work? Do you think that i wouldnt make enough income to support fair hope? I dont want to commute but I would if i had to?
Retail is more or less your only option over there. You won't find many decent or high paying jobs across the bay. You may be able to afford it but why bother? You will have cheaper housing, shorter commute to more jobs options, more cultural options and more diversity in Mobile.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 PM

sk8t,

This lady is a single woman, has requested info on Fairhope, not Mobile, and it's obvious where she wants to live. As a woman, she'd be a lot safer in Fairhope, and her child would be in pretty good schools.
Re diversity, what is it you do not understand about our area. I am a minority(Hispanic), and have no problem living here. In case you have not noticed, our high school football teams are quite diverse, and these kids are not imported from Mobile. There are many cultural options here also. Fairhope has a very nice Museum, Art Center and many art related happenings. We have a nice group of Songwriters...and there is music in many of our local establishments almost every night.

kena,
I forgot to mention Thomas Hospital in Fairhope, and Infirmary in Daphne, since you mentioned working in that field. Hope this can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area