Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times

Advertisements

I believe the old Gayfers building will be perfect for a arcade with French or Spanish like architecture.I m going to send Stimpson some ideas !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,517 times
The arcade idea would definitely fit with the historical nature of Mobile and the humidity as well.

It would be great if a city/private venture could be drummed up.

I see a focal point that could anchor a destination area.

Get on it,

raj

Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 AM

67 posts, read 112,300 times
Biloxi gets a Galleria and Mobile is still stuck in the 1970's with Bel Air Mall. This is beyond pathetic. It's laughable now.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:11 AM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
Mobile is over saturated with regional shopping centers.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,092 times
Mobile isn't a business or people friendly city. There is slow growth now, but it has the GOB nervous. Mobile is not a pretty city, I'm surprise it's on a map. Child care is a problem, they close daycare for any reason. No care on weekends. Shopping is the pits as well as entertainment, unless you're willing to drive. Where are the parks? Mobile isn't included in the beautiful . Mobile is small with no taste. Relocating.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Al. View Post
Mobile isn't a business or people friendly city. There is slow growth now, but it has the GOB nervous. Mobile is not a pretty city, I'm surprise it's on a map. Child care is a problem, they close daycare for any reason. No care on weekends. Shopping is the pits as well as entertainment, unless you're willing to drive. Where are the parks? Mobile isn't included in the beautiful . Mobile is small with no taste. Relocating.

You have never been to Mobile before have you ? First you say Mobile is not people and business friendly which is false after the fact that new industry is moving in the area. Then you say that Mobile is not a beautiful city ,there are some seedy areas but the city is full of charm. As far as shopping we are behind in shopping for a city our size hopefully that will change soon with new leadership. And you as where are the parks ? They are all over the city my friend.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Al. View Post
Do all trolls have little to no grasp on reality, or is it just an extraordinary dislike of themselves?

Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Do all trolls have little to no grasp on reality, or is it just an extraordinary dislike of themselves?

Please message me if you find out the answer to this. It is an unbelievable phenomenon.

raj

Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 PM

275 posts, read 536,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Not to mention a tenuous grasp on grammar and vocabulary.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemom52 View Post
Not to mention a tenuous grasp on grammar and vocabulary.

lolololol...............I wasn't going to go there BUT.

I'm not sure but that read like someone possibly composing in a second language. Do you realize how bad that can be if you had no grasp of your first language. (if not , just read it again, lol)

Seriously, it could be someone typing fast and thinking about other things, but I worry sometimes about people trying to have a life with so little education. It has to be hard and very sad. (and yet, one can walk into any library for free)

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area