Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times

Advertisements

We have Landry's in Huntsville and it's terrible. I grew up on the gulf coast so let me say there are far better seafood restaurants there than in HSV. Wintzells in HSV is lacking as well.

We do have a P.F. Changs and LJS though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Morgan View Post
Have these two companies been banned from our city or something? I see them everywhere else but never in Mobile. P. F. Changs would be nice too but I guess they're also blacklisted. Mobile is a strange town.
Long John Silvers? Why, when you have Wintzell's, The Original Oyster House, Felix's, and many more places with real seafood? Long John Silvers is like the KFC of seafood.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Long John Silvers? Why, when you have Wintzell's, The Original Oyster House, Felix's, and many more places with real seafood? Long John Silvers is like the KFC of seafood.
Ha ha, its worse. I think Captain D's is better. But either way, you aren't missing much if you don't have a Long John's. Most of the ones around here went out of business because Captain D's (I think) is much more popular. Then they started showing back up around 10 years ago, but dueled with Taco Bell's in joint locations.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:26 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ha ha, its worse. I think Captain D's is better. But either way, you aren't missing much if you don't have a Long John's. Most of the ones around here went out of business because Captain D's (I think) is much more popular. Then they started showing back up around 10 years ago, but dueled with Taco Bell's in joint locations.

Ugh! Taco Bell...lol.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:33 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We have Landry's in Huntsville and it's terrible. I grew up on the gulf coast so let me say there are far better seafood restaurants there than in HSV. Wintzells in HSV is lacking as well.

We do have a P.F. Changs and LJS though.
Sadly, both are better than Red Lobster.

I've eaten at a Mimi's cafe in Jacksonville, FL, and found it to be just OK.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:00 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
Mimi's is junk. the place has gone downhill so much the last few years and I'm glad La Madeleine bought them and are going to turn them around. Mimi's used to be the best, but the last few years the food went bland, the new products were just weird. Their flatbread pizza appetizers were like this 99 cent store brand pizzas my mom used to get a ton of when we were kids on summer break as something we could microwave without burning the house down.

La Madeleine should either fix them or turn the into LM's which are much much better, busier, and exactly where the trend in restaurants is headed. But keep Mimi's muffins, those are great and whenever there is anything wrong with your order or check they will usually offer you a 4-pack to go for free. Yum.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
Mimi's Cafe doesn't have a single location in this state. Their Montgomery location was a disaster.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:46 PM

12 posts, read 35,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Morgan View Post
Have these two companies been banned from our city or something? I see them everywhere else but never in Mobile. P. F. Changs would be nice too but I guess they're also blacklisted. Mobile is a strange town.
Why would anyone who lived in Mobile want to go to Long John Silvers? There are literally hundreds of much better options for local fresh seafood, not soul-less corporate imported Vietnamese shrimp and catfish thrown at you as you dive through.

I also don't get the desire for PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, or any other that fit that category. If I'm going to spend $100+ on dinner there are much better options in this, or any, city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area