Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,695 times

Advertisements

Are we talking household income or individual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 12:02 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The proof is the fact that those lots are still empty and have been for decades.
But, like I said, empty buildings are usually remodeled first before new construction begins. And, empty buildings all over the place downtown are being remodeled. In addition, we are just now seeing our first wave of new construction downtown in a while.

Also, before we go on, one shouldn't hardly consider lots off the north side of Saint Anthony a barometer for the downtown market.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:10 PM
MPC

703 posts, read 1,266,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
Are we talking household income or individual?
We're talking about household income

Old 02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
MPC

Number making more than $100k median household income in terms of people, Mobile 7,805, Spanish Fort 696. Number making more than $75k, Mobile 14,742, Spanish Fort 1,166. The number making more than $200k, Mobile 2,141, Spanish Fort 77. More the 150k, Mobile 3,379, Spanish Fort 201

Old 02-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPortCity View Post
How was I wrong? There is an area of 1,542 residents and 627 homes with median household income of $206,691. I said if this was it's own zip code, it would be the richest in America according to Zip atlas, which has a Houston zip at #1 with $200k and only 79 residents. Also, I've yet to see anywhere in Spanish Fort with a median income of 206k.
You were wrong on multiple levels.

1. The income of the single Spanish Fort community i posted is almost 100 million more than the area of Spring hill.(average=/=median)

2. Because you are cross arguing City Data info with Zip atlas, The 2 sites have different methods of counting income and do it by different area sizes.

What you are doing the equivalent of saying "1 foot" is equal to "1 meter" just because they are both called "1".It doesnt work like that.

one site measures income by zip code, the other by designated community

On Zip atlas, Spring Hill isnt even in the top 100 because measure an entire zip code and the same is true on City data.

Quote:
I know there is areas like this. Wasn't my point
it wasnt part of your original point, but you made it part of the debate as you continued to make the claim that it is hypothetically one of the richest zipcodes in the nation.

Quote:
Again why would you not want higher income families downtown? Like I said, it doesn't take 80 grand to live downtown, but 50 or 60+ should do it. Within the 0.9 square miles of the CBD you could 20-30,000 who make 60k+. The density alone would be enough to sustain any business but the higher income brings in the more luxury businesses.
What kind of shops (specific names) are you looking to attract ?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
But, like I said, empty buildings are usually remodeled first before new construction begins. And, empty buildings all over the place downtown are being remodeled. In addition, we are just now seeing our first wave of new construction downtown in a while.

Also, before we go on, one shouldn't hardly consider lots off the north side of Saint Anthony a barometer for the downtown market.
The fact that they are being remodeled now doesnt change the fact that they have been empty for quite some time and that those grass and dirt lots have been so for the same amount of time. Remember, that is what you asked me to show proof of.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPortCity View Post
Number making more than $100k median household income in terms of people, Mobile 7,805, Spanish Fort 696. Number making more than $75k, Mobile 14,742, Spanish Fort 1,166. The number making more than $200k, Mobile 2,141, Spanish Fort 77. More the 150k, Mobile 3,379, Spanish Fort 201
sill waiting on you to show where your data is coming from.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:21 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:
The fact that they are being remodeled now doesnt change the fact that they have been empty for quite some time and that those grass and dirt lots have been so for the same amount of time. Remember, that is what you asked me to show proof of.
They've been empty for a long time because of the flight to the suburbs in the 50s-80s. How does this change the "developability" of downtown now?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:35 AM

92 posts, read 101,043 times
Thread high jacked!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:37 AM
MPC

Quote:
1. The income of the single Spanish Fort community i posted is almost 100 million more than the area of Spring hill.(average=/=median)
No where in Spanish Fort is the median income $206k

Quote:
2. Because you are cross arguing City Data info with Zip atlas, The 2 sites have different methods of counting income and do it by different area sizes.
Cross arguing with what? Tell me exactly what I said because everything I posted about each site was about that sites data.

Quote:
What you are doing the equivalent of saying "1 foot" is equal to "1 meter" just because they are both called "1".It doesnt work like that.
Again, wrong

Quote:
one site measures income by zip code, the other by designated community
The only thing I said in reference to this is that if the area in Spring Hill that had 627 homes became its own zip code, and had a median household income of 206k, by zip atlas' data, it would the richest in the nation.

Quote:
On Zip atlas, Spring Hill isnt even in the top 100 because measure an entire zip code and the same is true on City data.
Because Spring Hill is not a single zip code like all others on the zip atlas list

Quote:
it wasnt part of your original point, but you made it part of the debate as you continued to make the claim that it is hypothetically one of the richest zipcodes in the nation.
I was saying if it were to become it's own zip code, based on the zip atlas link you provided, it would be the richest zip code in the US.

Quote:
What kind of shops (specific names) are you looking to attract ?
Better shops

Quote:
sill waiting on you to show where your data is coming from.
http://www.city-data.com/income/inco...e-Alabama.html
http://www.city-data.com/income/inco...t-Alabama.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area