Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:06 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,198 times

Advertisements

Sounds like Winfield Kansas, home of Walnut Valley Festival. Its in the middle of nowhere, miles and miles onm a two lane, few motels, no good ones, and yet....it has grown and flourished so you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity
Bay Fest the largest and most successful music festival in the state. Bay Fest's CEO and his committe has decided to move the festival to the fair grounds.
This is the dumbest got d@&# idea I have ever heard of.
Ya I have read about them and they are quite successfull!!!!

I do hope this doesnt affect them but I feel you are thinking it may

Old 03-20-2015, 09:28 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPortCity View Post
I don't know how true this is but I heard on the radio that they are moving Mardi Gras to West Mobile with Route-A starting on Airport at Academy. This is absurd and of course I don't believe it, but if it did happen it would ruin it completely.
Ha !! Gotta be a Joke. I think tou an take that as a grain of salt my friend.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:36 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Councilman Manzie who represents downtown announced that it was the orginizers decision not the city.The city would have benefited if it was still downtown. He also announced that a new hotel will break ground in August on the former Miller Lite stage / Cowthorn Hotel site. What I do believe is that the Bay Fest CEO has a relationship that is deeper than city relations with the manager of" The Grounds".They moved the Chilli Festival from downtown to "The Grounds" because there was no more room.Like really the grounds has more room than downtown ?! Ha lets cut the pork fat and the who knows who.
When something stinks...probably is because something is rotten about it! I bet someone has a BIG pockets getting lined with something green.
You fall on friendly but deaf ears on here....get together and VIA SOCIAL MEDIA start protesting the move! You must know how quickly social media can get things done that could not be done before but the exposures to the masses. The Bay Festival needs to remain where it is. Good luck to you ALL!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:32 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Soooo the Grounds claim that Bay Fest is too large to host :The Grounds Pulls Out of Bayfest Negotiations - WPMI - Mobile Top Stories - LOCAL 15

Just keep the event downtown ! Its an urban not suburban event anyways.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:41 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,756,032 times
My s/o just sent me a Facebook post about that. The first thing he did was laugh because he called it, that it wouldn't go over well and that it most likely would not be at the Grounds anyway or someone would back out. I really hope they keep it downtown. I am pretty familiar with Mobile, but where would they be able to have it if it wasn't at the Grounds or downtown?

Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 PM

40 posts, read 55,341 times
Possibly Brookley field, but id prefer it remain downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: