Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 12:25 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
...and one of the commenters on Buck's closing said the replacement was some kind of oyster place. Once again, adding to the plethora of seafood restaurants here.

I wish Downtown would add some more "fast casual" joints. My last visit downtown on the Saturday before Mardi Gras, we tried to grab a meal about 4pm, and the wait times were ridiculous on many of Dauphin Street's establishments. It seems these places could help with getting people in and out better, and give the option of take-out even if the seating was at capacity.

Also, downtown is getting a little too "culinary" for me.....too many places trying to win a James Beard award instead of catering to the average person who wants a decent meal at a reasonable price....but that's just my opinion.
Dont forget Stevie's Gumbo Bar opening next to Spot of Tea LOL. I have to admit gumbo bar doesn't sound to bad though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
Someone told me Panini Pete is looking to move to another spot downtown and open a gastro pub in that spot.
Hmmmm,maybe the old Sai Sho Gastro Pub spot ?

Old 04-20-2019, 03:21 PM

562 posts, read 665,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
I've heard Mellow Mushroom is looking downtown.

Someone squashed that rumor in the comments as well. I'm surprised they failed in Midtown given how cramped their South location is...

I just hope that "rent increases" aren't chasing out longtime tenants like Panini Pete's. If they ended up in Midtown or West Mobile, that would be nice.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:46 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,857,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
Someone squashed that rumor in the comments as well. I'm surprised they failed in Midtown given how cramped their South location is...

I just hope that "rent increases" aren't chasing out longtime tenants like Panini Pete's. If they ended up in Midtown or West Mobile, that would be nice.
Their landlord spiked their rent in midtown, so they’re now looking downtown.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:45 AM

Panini Pete’s is only moving to another location downtown. Not closing.

The new concept in Pete’s current Dauphin St. building is “Squid Ink Eats and Drinks”

Old 04-21-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Panini Pete’s is only moving to another location downtown. Not closing.

The new concept in Pete’s current Dauphin St. building is “Squid Ink Eats and Drinks”
Squid Ink as an ingredient will be interesting.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:52 PM

490 posts, read 463,917 times
That's good that they are moving. The servers there made it sound like they were closing for good. They were telling us to try to visit the location in Fairhope.

Name sounds a little gross. But then again..... I'm not a fan of seafood.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 AM

426 posts, read 382,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Squid Ink as an ingredient will be interesting.
Seems a little late on the "squid ink" craze to be making a whole restaurant devoted to it, but I had a squid ink Paella once that was incredible so Ill give it a shot

Old 04-22-2019, 01:44 PM

"Gotcha" bikes replacing LimeBike in Mobile. To be announced soon

Old 04-22-2019, 02:53 PM

I had no idea that the guy who owns Pizzeria Delphina owns Bucks Pizza. Mr Gambino is planning on turning it into a ( drum rollllllll) Oyster Bar in August :smack LOL. On the positive side there won't be any vacancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area