U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-26-2008, 09:20 AM

28 posts, read 49,351 times
Default race relations in mobile

hey yall
new to this site
i saw on her in mobile that whites and blacks were pretty much even how do they get along
looking to move sometime next september and mobile was one of the places i was intrested in
so any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM

251 posts, read 576,381 times
I have lived here since 1999. I have no issues at all. I think it is all in how you treat people as individuals.

Unread 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 13,913,876 times
I have never really noticed any bad racial problems, unless something happens that agitates things temporarily.

Unread 02-27-2008, 10:28 AM

634 posts, read 1,392,033 times
Lived in Mobile for 4 years, and did see a few isolated incidents of racism. What I noticed even more was what some would call reverse-racism, towards my wife (we are both caucasian) by some of her co-workers in the health care industry. I'd like to believe it was simply because there are some people in this world that aren't nice, no matter of ethnic background, but can't be sure. I was a teacher in Mobile and rarely came across any blatant public acts of racism, aside from a few cowardly punks who scribbled slurs in the men's restroom.

Unread 02-29-2008, 12:32 PM

28 posts, read 49,351 times
sorry it took so long to get back to you
thankyou all for your replies can you tell me some other information like safe neighborhoods community events
jobs-waitressing cashier
anything else
thankyou and have a blessed day

Unread 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM

8,275 posts, read 13,913,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_duke View Post
sorry it took so long to get back to you
thankyou all for your replies can you tell me some other information like safe neighborhoods community events
jobs-waitressing cashier
anything else
thankyou and have a blessed day
My fav area to live in is south of Airport Blvd and west of Azalea Rd. Others here will differ though.

As for waitressing jobs, you shouldn't have any problems.

Unread 02-29-2008, 05:59 PM

72 posts, read 231,299 times
I've lived in KY my whole life and Lexington for 10 years and have been down here for six months now. As for race relations, it's about the same as Lex. Everyone I've met down here, whatever race, has been very nice to me. If you stay away from the really bad parts of town you'll be fine.

I also agree with southernnaturelover, that's my favorite area and where I spend most of my days.

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:49 AM

251 posts, read 576,381 times
Welcome to Mobile, Arboc!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area