Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:21 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
And 90% of those who attend those schools parents are in what tact bracket again ?

And the idea that Eatsershore schools is better are a perception.They do not have the impoverish communities that Mobile have and to say the while entire school sytem is poor is asinine.

I graduated from Leflore and Leflore was never on the failing school list. When Leflore was a magnet school inspite of it being in a traditional impoverish community the test scores didn't reflect that.You know why ? Because Leflore was the school for middle class and upper middle class blacks. At one time the school had 1900 students and they were bused from all over the county. When the Magnet program was slashed so did the demographic back ground and now it has 700 students and was just recently on the failing school list.It's been over 10 years since i've graduated but the demographics are not the same as far as the economic back ground and the scores reflect that.

Baldwin County does not have a Da Bottoms, Camp Ground, Toulminville, Trinity Gardens, Down the Bay,Maysville, or etc.That's is why the perception is that its better when in facts its not.
Care to compare test scores for Baldwin and Mobile counties? You are making an assertion that can't be defended.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,858,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Care to compare test scores for Baldwin and Mobile counties? You are making an assertion that can't be defended.
You're still missing the point (and are leading the same type of argument). Poverty tends to lead to bad test scores. If one is in poverty, their test scores are more than likely going to suffer (potentially deeply). If not, the student shouldn't have many impediments and the school system will more than likely benefit them.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:31 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
You want to compare Williamson to Daphne ? S I'm sure Daphne will fair better. Williamson is in the Mayesville community.Dpahne does not have a Mayesville community. You want to Compare Davidson or Baker to Daohne high school.I'm,sure they would be equal and we both know why. You want to compare Clarke to Daogbe middle I'm,confident that Clarke would out perform Daphne middle. We can also compare Phillips to Spanish Fort Middle also and I'm,confident they would out perform them as well.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
You want to compare Williamson to Daphne ? S I'm sure Daphne will fair better. Williamson is in the Mayesville community.Dpahne does not have a Mayesville community. You want to Compare Davidson or Baker to Daohne high school.I'm,sure they would be equal and we both know why. You want to compare Clarke to Daogbe middle I'm,confident that Clarke would out perform Daphne middle. We can also compare Phillips to Spanish Fort Middle also and I'm,confident they would out perform them as well.
Per the ALABAMA DEPARTMENT of EDUCATION, on an overall basis, Baldwin County schools are rated "B" while Mobile County schools are rated "C". BTW, Davidson is rated "C" while Daphne High is rated "B". Phillips is a prep school, so not comparable to Spanish Fort Middle, but BOTH are rated "A".

Old 07-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
You're still missing the point (and are leading the same type of argument). Poverty tends to lead to bad test scores. If one is in poverty, their test scores are more than likely going to suffer (potentially deeply). If not, the student shouldn't have many impediments and the school system will more than likely benefit them.
See stats in post 44. The Alabama Department of Education has rated schools on a number of criteria, not just test scores. The stats clearly show that Baldwin County schools are superior to Mobile County schools on an overall basis and on a number of measured criteria.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:46 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
How ‘bout that mall security, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area