Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 08:08 PM

2,968 posts, read 3,518,454 times

Advertisements

finally finished looks good. Anniston and Huntsville are next up for new courthouses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 06:23 AM

4,987 posts, read 9,065,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
finally finished looks good. Anniston and Huntsville are next up for new courthouses.
Do you have renderings for the new Huntsville courthouse ? That new City Hall rendering looks nice !

And des anyone know what the plans are for the old fed courthouse building in Mobile are ? I was thinking apartments maybe.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:29 AM

485 posts, read 456,573 times
They are moving the bankruptcy court and congressional offices there. They are about to start an $18 million renovation. The current bankruptcy court is leased so it would be nice for that building to be torn down or repurposed.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:21 AM

2,968 posts, read 3,518,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Do you have renderings for the new Huntsville courthouse ? That new City Hall rendering looks nice !

And des anyone know what the plans are for the old fed courthouse building in Mobile are ? I was thinking apartments maybe.
no renderings yet,(probably another year before we see anything) as you know its a long process. The site is a beautiful location on top of a small hill in the middle of downtown and 110 million dollars has been allocated for the new building.
I would think the new Mobile courthouse will cause additional developments around it. Restaurants especially. St Joseph St is kind of an interesting area especially down by the post office. Seems to be a lot of development opportunities.

Last edited by AU HSV; 09-08-2018 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
no renderings yet,(probably another year before we see anything) as you know its a long process. The site is a beautiful location on top of a small hill in the middle of downtown and 110 million dollars has been allocated for the new building.
I would think the new Mobile courthouse will cause additional developments around it. Restaurants especially. St Joseph St is kind of an interesting area especially down by the post office. Seems to be a lot of development opportunities.
It has and even before then. There are a lot of developments going on St.Louis street and the seroundung blocks near it. The De Tonti Square Historic district which is adjacent to the new Fed court house has a new brewery called the Iron Hand brewery.

Last edited by PortCity; 09-08-2018 at 12:32 PM..

Old 09-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
They are moving the bankruptcy court and congressional offices there. They are about to start an $18 million renovation. The current bankruptcy court is leased so it would be nice for that building to be torn down or repurposed.

Hmmm I think tearing it down and build something like this https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...for-shaw/13889 would be cool.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:01 PM

12,681 posts, read 9,177,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Hmmm I think tearing it down and build something like this https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...for-shaw/13889 would be cool.
I'd be willing to bet that those DC condos will have quite a price tag on them.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:09 PM

12,681 posts, read 9,177,716 times
Quote:
The seem to try to fit in with the architecture of the area, so the one in Huntsville could be most anything. The Mobile building is limestone or marble, sort of in the traditional way of federal buildings and post offices, while the Hugo Black building in Birmingham is a low-rise, mostly glass structure. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...5NhIoEgtwLl-pC

Another town in Alabama has been funded for a new federal courthouse too. Was it Anniston?

Old 09-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I'd be willing to bet that those DC condos will have quite a price tag on them.
Oh yeah. The building would be a good fit for the old bankruptcy court spot in Mobile though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area