Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:20 PM

290 posts, read 382,432 times

Advertisements

Okay, Hoover's location is set to open in Riverchase Galleria on November 19 which is next month and another one in Huntsville is also set to open this summer next month. There could be hope that Mobile might be chosen for another D&B store in the future since we have nothing entertaining and fun to do in Mobile aside from Gamers N Geeks and Flea Market.

The only arcade and entertainment places we have in Mobile are Chuck E Cheese's, Pete's Party Castle, Lazor Zone, and a few fun places next to the vacant Carmike (now acquired by AMC) building. The closest D&B locations are both Panama City and New Orleans but both tied with same travel time. We also have to drive to either Margeritaville in Biloxi (one hour) or Eastern Shore Lanes in Spanish Fort (30 minutes) just for a good arcade so we can win lots of points and trade in for prizes.

We used to have that good arcade room at Bel Air Mall which been around for so long until it was gone when that mall was going under renovation and now a nail salon has its place.

I also made a threat on Reddit with thoughts of where would D&B located at. https://www.reddit.com/r/MobileAL/co...in_mobile_you/

And someone created a petition to bring Dave and Buster’s to Mobile. https://www.thepetitionsite.com/758/...ers-to-mobile/

Before you say "that's not gonna happen", "I doubt it", or “not enough population for a new arcade". Ask yourself this, how would you feel if all GameStop stores closed in Mobile in the future which it can be hard to find a game that you wish to own in Mobile but to find it at the local retro game stores and you had to find what you want on the internet when not all people have the capability to online ordering.

Mobile is developing and there are changes for new stores to come to Mobile like, we have Whole Foods and Costco. Springdale is also redeveloping. So we all must work together to contact Dave and Busters to request a location to our city and City of Mobile staffs and government officials about Dave and Buster’s well.

So what are your thoughts on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 10:32 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoroanime View Post
we have nothing entertaining and fun to do in Mobile aside from Gamers N Geeks and Flea Market.

Good luck on your hunt for Dave and Buster's, but this is just plain wrong.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:26 AM

28 posts, read 33,185 times
I would say there is little chance this will bring Dave and Busters to Mobile - something honestly I'm not interested in the least (Why be excited about big box stores when there is actual unique businesses opening that create a more vibrant place to live?). Secondly, it would be easier to open your own arcade than attract D&B. You're clearly passionate about this, and not only would this actually be doable, but it would be more interesting and more fun.
In my opinion, we need less chains and more unique local businesses. My suggestions: channel this passion into making a great local arcade downtown (with a bar, thanks). I'd go.

My two-cents.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:35 AM

2,992 posts, read 3,574,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. S Willoughby View Post
I would say there is little chance this will bring Dave and Busters to Mobile - something honestly I'm not interested in the least (Why be excited about big box stores when there is actual unique businesses opening that create a more vibrant place to live?). Secondly, it would be easier to open your own arcade than attract D&B. You're clearly passionate about this, and not only would this actually be doable, but it would be more interesting and more fun.
In my opinion, we need less chains and more unique local businesses. My suggestions: channel this passion into making a great local arcade downtown (with a bar, thanks). I'd go.

My two-cents.
some inspiration
https://www.pintsandpixels.pub/

Old 10-04-2018, 01:17 PM

4,997 posts, read 9,143,305 times
I've been to 3 D&B locations they are ok. I would much rather have this though https://andrettikarting.com/orlando/..

Last edited by PortCity; 10-04-2018 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 02:01 PM

651 posts, read 475,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. S Willoughby View Post

My two-cents.
Agreed. Mobile should have this.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
We had a bar like this downtown with an indoor putt putt on South Conception street about a year and a half ago. I don't know what happened to it.

Last edited by PortCity; 10-04-2018 at 02:17 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 02:36 PM

651 posts, read 475,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
We had a bar like this downtown with an indoor putt putt on South Conception street about a year and a half ago. I don't know what happened to it.
It was BYOB and it wasn't advertised as a barcade but as a indoor golf place. Not quite the business strategy or focus you would see in a barcade.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
It was BYOB and it wasn't advertised as a barcade but as a indoor golf place. Not quite the business strategy or focus you would see in a barcade.
Gotcha. Now I see why they fizzled.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 PM

290 posts, read 382,432 times
Did you know the Japanese imported Dance Dance Revolution Extreme cabinet was originally owned by Regal Stadium 16 (It was brought in a while before Regal acquired that movie theater and when there were alot of arcades upstairs)? It was later sold to Pete's Party Castle and Pete's later sold it to Gamers N Geeks which owns it now and it's really not an arcade but a store that sells Table RPGs, Trading cards and collectables. The arcade at Bel Air Mall also used to have Dance Dance Revolution X.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area