Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 02:13 AM

260 posts, read 198,190 times

Advertisements

Well if things were logical and this infrastructure bill was gonna spend significantly more on roads and bridges then we would easily have enough money for the full Mobile river bridge and highway 45. It only allocated 100 billion of the 2 trillion towards that stuff which sucks because we need both of those projects done. We just get hosed as a region for stuff like that. They don’t extend the beach express to I-65 across the bay without putting a toll, don’t pay for the wolf bay bridge, refuse to widen highway 45, have to put tolls on the river bridge that costs 725 million but rebuilds an interstate interchange in Birmingham for 750 million with no tolls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 10:23 AM

4,992 posts, read 9,075,147 times
I see that AlDOTis about to repave and widen I-10 west the f the interchange.Now can we get interstate lights on I-10 west also Smh.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I see that AlDOTis about to repave and widen I-10 west the f the interchange.Now can we get interstate lights on I-10 west also Smh.
Interstate lights?

Old 04-13-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggbry View Post
Interstate lights?
Yes they are nonexistant once you take I-10 west at the interchnage.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Yes they are nonexistant once you take I-10 west at the interchnage.
Hahahaha I was thinking red lights when you said that. Yeah I definitely think they need to add more lighting going west to Tillman’s corner

Old 04-13-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
hahahaha i was thinking red lights when you said that. Yeah i definitely think they need to add more lighting going west to tillman’s corner
loooool.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:04 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,197,185 times
So the US Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo talked to WKRG about the I-10 project. It appears that our little problem has been on their radar for a while. She says that they are still looking at projects to be funded and it appears as I said I-10 has been under their radar, so we might be getting some more funding for the bridge. Idk how much they would be willing to fund, but I think it'll be a considerable amount they fund as this will probably be a good bribe to get the Alabama Senators and Representative's nods of approval as a lot of Republicans are for some reason hesitant of this bill

https://www.wkrg.com/baldwin-county/...ZaFQmLX9_X6aRc

Old 04-14-2021, 09:02 PM

488 posts, read 457,259 times
We will see... how long has this bridge discussion been going on? 20 years. Would be great if it happens.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:41 PM

313 posts, read 245,373 times
Quote:
How much impact do y’all think that all of that will have on Mobile? Maybe y’all know something I don’t, but there seems to be a whole lot of nothing over in the interior counties of Mississippi that 98 and 45 lead to. I’m interested in zeigler becoming 4 lanes all the way to schillinger. That whole corridor of zeigler/tanner Williams relatively unpopulated past Cody road. I wonder if a bigger road will stimulate more economic growth and housing development along the road. Do y’all think it’ll make a difference or will it just be another old shell road?
Especially as the three mile creek greenway project begins its next phase. Eventually the greenway will cross over i65. It’ll be pretty cool to see what that looks like in person here. I’d like to see an actual greenspace over i65. It doesn’t have to be grand like one in Dallas but at a minimum I hope they include some azaleas and crepe myrtles.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Especially as the three mile creek greenway project begins its next phase. Eventually the greenway will cross over i65. It’ll be pretty cool to see what that looks like in person here. I’d like to see an actual greenspace over i65. It doesn’t have to be grand like one in Dallas but at a minimum I hope they include some azaleas and crepe myrtles.
I’m praying it’s actually cool. They were talking about wanting to make it like a “welcome to Mobile” kinda gateway to the city. I wonder if there are other creeks the city that could be targeted for greenway trails once this one wraps up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area