Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 01:37 PM

154 posts, read 149,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
You can call an airport anything you want, but if it does not have an FIS, then it will only rarely accommodate international passenger flights at best.

BFM (Downtown) will have a relatively substantial FIS, but does not have any immediate hopes of scheduled international passenger flights. There will definitely be one-off international charters, though...
Yea I imagine it will take time for Mobile to get any international flights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 03:46 PM

Looks like Prichard is wanting to create an entertainment district. Think it'll be great for the long run if Prichard gets its revival, but will do nothing in the short term

https://mynbc15.com/newsletter-daily...7TF6UT74hOzQDI

Old 12-14-2021, 04:39 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleFontaineMan View Post
Looks like Prichard is wanting to create an entertainment district. Think it'll be great for the long run if Prichard gets its revival, but will do nothing in the short term

I want Prichard to win I really do but Prichard needs to focus on more important things first.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:42 AM

Looks like MPD will officially be returning the checkpoints, as well as adding more officers to 2 districts, don't remember which ones, the article has stopped working for me

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/mobil...7sstKeNiKo56Cs

Old 12-20-2021, 08:04 AM

426 posts, read 382,221 times
Quote:

Waste honestly. The need to work on way more than this before an entertainment district can thrive safely.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Waste honestly. The need to work on way more than this before an entertainment district can thrive safely.
I actually think this maybe a great idea for Prichard, the city and developers have pretty much bought all the land to the East, Southeast, and South-Southeast of this proposed district to redevelop into 100s of new homes and looks like investors are buying up properties west of this district and to the Southwest looks like investors and city are just recently starting to buy up properties there.

An Entertainment District bordering these neighborhoods would be great incentive to redevelopment and ulitmately revive Prichard

Old 12-20-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I actually think this maybe a great idea for Prichard, the city and developers have pretty much bought all the land to the East, Southeast, and South-Southeast of this proposed district to redevelop into 100s of new homes and looks like investors are buying up properties west of this district and to the Southwest looks like investors and city are just recently starting to buy up properties there.

An Entertainment District bordering these neighborhoods would be great incentive to redevelopment and ulitmately revive Prichard
They need to pay their officers more than 10hr first. Fix the streets and street lights and a host of so many other things. Prichard is a gold mine it has great interest access with I-65 and 165 as well as close access to downtown Mobile. Mobile 's skyline sits right in their back yard the potential is there.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
They need to pay their officers more than 10hr first. Fix the streets and street lights and a host of so many other things. Prichard is a gold mine it has great interest access with I-65 and 165 as well as close access to downtown Mobile. Mobile 's skyline sits right in their back yard the potential is there.
Unfortunately, its gonna require building up the tax base first before improving services. I'm impressed the city has gotten as far as it has with the limited resources it seem to have. I imagine they have a very limited budget given that they have a massively bleeding residential base as well as have 1/4 of the residential land not producing anything since its owned by either the city or HUDs.

Gotta bring in the richer crowds before they can improve the services

Although it seems where they will redevelop they will improve the infrastructure, like those southeast neighborhoods, when they are being redeveloped, the city is gonna rebuilt the roads, I imagine they will expand the road and curb and gutter and possible replace water system

Old 12-21-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, its gonna require building up the tax base first before improving services. I'm impressed the city has gotten as far as it has with the limited resources it seem to have. I imagine they have a very limited budget given that they have a massively bleeding residential base as well as have 1/4 of the residential land not producing anything since its owned by either the city or HUDs.

Although it seems where they will redevelop they will improve the infrastructure, like those southeast neighborhoods, when they are being redeveloped, the city is gonna rebuilt the roads, I imagine they will expand the road and curb and gutter and possible replace water system
I hope so smh.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:55 AM

426 posts, read 382,221 times
Quote:

I just dont see this bringing in richer crowds in the long run. Maybe off the bat, but if the police aren't keeping it calm then it will go down hill fast and be an eye sore/problem area.

I'd rather see them put that money into infrastructure, parks, paying police officers, etc etc. Hope I'm wrong but I think it ends poorly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area