U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2008, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,784 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just moved to the area with the Coast Guard. We bought a house in Theodore and we are looking for a church to join. We come from a Baptist background as far as beliefs, but we prefer a casual, contemporary style. We are looking for a church with a good band. Anybody have some suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,831 times
Default Contemporary church

We moved here about a year ago and had a hard time finding a more contemporary baptist church, we went to a church previously that was baptist but not 'southern baptist' which you will find a lot of around here. Though we did not end up joining this church you may really like it, it is called Dayspring Baptist and it is off Cody/Sollie which is very close to Theodore area. It is contemporary in casual dress, music and preaching. We enjoyed but the Holy Spirit placed us in a different church.

Good luck, give them a try! There website is not very good but it is www.dayspringbc.com (broken link)

Old 06-10-2008, 02:28 PM

35 posts, read 196,181 times
I would recomend a church called Harvest Church. It is on the beltline between Government and Airport. I think they go by "interdenominational" meaning it really doesn't matter what denomination you are as long as you believe the basics of Christianity. They do believe in the gifts of the spirit but they are not over board. I also grew up in a Baptist. I think it is close in the way he preaches. He reminds me alot of Joel Olstean. I don't think I spelled that right. I don't think I've found many churches that are as friendly and as the people that attend this church. I don't know if you have children but they have a GREAT childrens ministry that loves children.

My family used to attend this church about 2 1/2 years ago. We live 45 min. away. We were there about 2 years and the Lord moved us.

The church is casual but nice casual. Meaning it isn't unsual for woman to wear pants even blue jeans. The church is very well rounded. Meaning old and young.

Look up Harvest Church of Mobile - Discover Your Destiny. It will tell you alot more than I can tell you here. Last time I was on there. It gave you a way to listen to services on there. Check it out. I hope this helps. There is a couple in Baldwin I've been to that were good to. Just let me know if you are interested on info on them.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 5,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilliams View Post
We moved here about a year ago and had a hard time finding a more contemporary baptist church, we went to a church previously that was baptist but not 'southern baptist' which you will find a lot of around here. Though we did not end up joining this church you may really like it, it is called Dayspring Baptist and it is off Cody/Sollie which is very close to Theodore area. It is contemporary in casual dress, music and preaching. We enjoyed but the Holy Spirit placed us in a different church.

Good luck, give them a try! There website is not very good but it is www.dayspringbc.com

Its Dayspring Baptist Church Dayspring exists to lead people to an intimate relation

Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,947 times
I am a member of Dayspring and I think you'll like it. Do you have young children? The Grove is a great place for young children to experience Christ in a very creative and loving environment. Our youth enjoy "The Shack," a place for them to hang out and fellowship together as they grow in the their relationship to Christ and to each other. Give it a try.
Services and Sunday school are at 9:00 and 10:30 each week. We have two Sunday schools and two morning services.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,080,981 times
MT Hebron Church Minstries has over 6k members. Good word and good music,Mt hebron use to be Mt.hebron baptist but now it`s
t.Hebron Ghurch Minstries.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 PM

299 posts, read 586,754 times
06-08-2008

I hate to complain, but why do people keep bringin upold, old posts? I can almost certainly say that whoever posted this hasn't been on here for a year.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,080,981 times
I didn`t notice, this Mags1mp person dug it up !

Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 PM

299 posts, read 586,754 times
Port, I know. You just responded after him or her.
Why do people dig up old posts and reply to them?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 AM

68 posts, read 130,638 times
To cause drama no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area