U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM

247 posts, read 744,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalpin View Post
We own a house in Lake Forest which has been up for sale, most of Lake Forest is not dated, they (most) have updated in order to sell and keep up with the newer subdivisions, you can get a 3/2 pretty reasonable there, I have never, repeat never had a traffic issue getting in or out of Lake Forest b/c there are 3 ways in and out. I have never had traffice issue on causeway or highway and I worked in Downtown Mobile and on Cottage Hill Rd. I don't know why people who do not live here in Daphne or are familar with Lake Forest put it down it is the only subdivision which is under 300k over here on the Eastern Shore. There are many different styles of homes to choose from there are not cookie cutter and there are many trees.
I have a good idea about the neighborhood because I spent a ton of time with my mother( 3 years ago) and my in-laws( this year) looking in Lakeforest with real estate agents because the price was right, unbelievably right. Both parties ultimately chose to live in & build a new home in Rock Creek in Fairhope because they had concerns about the neighborhood. Investment concerns, not safety or traffic concerns. Primarily, it didn't seem to be a good long-term investment for their money compared to other neighborhoods.

And I personally didn't think Rock Creek was necessarily a good investment either for their money....I wanted them to be West of Hwy 98, especially in the old section of Fairhope. Because Rock Creek is going to get dated too- already is a little with all those stucco homes from the late 80's.

My in laws looked at Lakeforest because they live in Diamondhead, another development done by the same company who did Lakeforest- about the same time.

It does have a great location, trees, good infrastructure( pools, club)and there never seems to be any traffic problem of any kind. But the reason the houses are less money is the dated problem, like it or not. Many of the styles built in there are just "out" right now, like it would be for many similar subdivisions all over the country.

Noone is saying Lakeforest is a bad area; the original poster asked for "best" places to live. People will give pros and cons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,778 times
We're in kansas now and have been applying for jobs in mobile Alabama. where did you end up going and where do you recommend

Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Thinking about moving to mobile and opening a auto repair shop. I have a shop in Tn but wanting to move further south. would this be a good place to start over with wife and three kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area