Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 46,864 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an area town that my wife and I could rent an apartment from in Moblile. We are both young with no kids, and love city life. Could someone offer suggestions? Things that are important to us are as follows:

-Must have a moderate degree of safety
-Would ideally like to have access to a pool
-Would ideally like to be able to walk to grocery store, haircut place, and a restaurant and/or coffee shop, and/or clubs.

Our budget is $1200/mo or under.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM

68 posts, read 203,615 times
Wish I could help you, but I wouldn't know anything about that price range.

Springhill perhaps?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
The only 2 places I can think of are Legacy Oaks at Springhill Ave and The Tower at Ryan Park in Downtown Mobile which I recomend it`s close to a police precinct which is on Cathedral square. Then you have the entertainment district which is on Dauphin street. You have a barber shop on Royal street and Serdas Coffe shop as well which sales ice cream to. Then you have places to eat such as Spot of Tea,Heroes sports bar, 3 geroges chocolate, Joe cane cafe,NOJA,BUBAS Pizza and another pizza shop that will be opening soon, Japanese , Thai restaraunt,and Pollman`s bakery,Wintzell`s oyster house and liquid jazz restaurant . The Battle House hotel has a nice place to eat on a romatic friday with your wife and lastly Save- A-Lot grocery and CVS pharmacy and these places are no more than a mile radius of TheTowers at Ryan park. All of the other places would be condos.

good luck.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM

68 posts, read 203,615 times
I never thought about The Towers. I went to a party that was held at the penthouse there, which is open (or has been in the past) to residents who want to have parties. Very nice place.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM

247 posts, read 1,109,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTr View Post
I am looking for an area town that my wife and I could rent an apartment from in Moblile. We are both young with no kids, and love city life. Could someone offer suggestions? Things that are important to us are as follows:

-Must have a moderate degree of safety
-Would ideally like to have access to a pool
-Would ideally like to be able to walk to grocery store, haircut place, and a restaurant and/or coffee shop, and/or clubs.

Our budget is $1200/mo or under.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
There are many small apartments in downtown and midtown that have pools. Unfortunately, they are hard to discover because those types don't have to advertise. Downtown and midtown are very safe; I wouldn't have my children or myself down here if they weren't. I run almost daily downtown; never have had a problem.

My 1st choice for you is to shoot you towards the Oakleigh Garden District. No pool around there though but you will really be able to network with the movers and shakers of Mobile. You will be in walking distance to lots of stuff. Do you need to network? This is the place.

2nd choice is to look at either the DeTonti historic district (just to north of Dauphin St. downtown) or Church St. East historic district (just to south of Government St. downtown). There are many small apartments, especially in DeTonti , that may or may not have pools. Again, walking distance to stuff downtown. Very safe although it used to not be so safe 10+ years ago so keep that in mind when you hear people talking about "safety" in Mobile.

In Springhill area, the only area like you want would be in the Tuthill area, but prices are pretty high over there.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:46 AM

7 posts, read 46,864 times
Thanks so much!

M

Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Most of the grocery stores near downtown seem kinda nasty/ghetto to me, to get to the nicer stores you'll need to drive a car. Mobile is very spread out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: