Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 AM

29 posts, read 167,091 times

Advertisements

Rott, I am feeling the same way. There is no way I shouldn't have been a viable candidate but I can't wait forever. I'll give them till the end of next week and if I don't hear anything more I won't take an offer if they make one. I like lots of people can't just sit and wait. I feel like I have wasted my time and money even though I knew there was no guaranatee of a job. The last I knew carbon was supposed to start in spring 2010. If they have delayed again that will mean a slowdown in hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 AM

323 posts, read 1,159,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnal1 View Post
Just read, carbon starts in oct, stainless a year after. Im headed down for my second interview, after classes, at 3:30, anybody else going down today?
Where did you read carbon starts in october?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 PM

6 posts, read 15,318 times
Back from interview, they said 1 mill may start in the spring, the rest of carbon will be a slow ramp-up. They are pushing 4 stainless to start about mid 2011, they told me " if u have a job dont quit and if u dont have a job get 1. Said i may get a call some time between next week and 2012! This is getting crazy! The hr guy i talked to said the people who interviewed earlier this year more than likely wont end up in carbon, if they havent been called already, but they still could end up in stainless. Guess i'll just stay where im at building cars in bama, was hoping 4 a fresh start. O ya i drove by the plant after the interview, they still have a long way to go!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnal1 View Post
Back from interview, they said 1 mill may start in the spring, the rest of carbon will be a slow ramp-up. They are pushing 4 stainless to start about mid 2011, they told me " if u have a job dont quit and if u dont have a job get 1. Said i may get a call some time between next week and 2012! This is getting crazy! The hr guy i talked to said the people who interviewed earlier this year more than likely wont end up in carbon, if they havent been called already, but they still could end up in stainless. Guess i'll just stay where im at building cars in bama, was hoping 4 a fresh start. O ya i drove by the plant after the interview, they still have a long way to go!
Thanks for the info.Was this your first or second after your training?Was the HR guy in your interview?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 AM

12 posts, read 34,063 times
mattnal1,Thanks for the info, as we all know getting details and dates from TK is tough to do. FYI to anyone else here's my experience so far. I applied for production, I have steel mill experience. I'm going to a panel interview in a couple weeks. I got a phone call about 4 weeks after I interviewed with the 2 HR folks. I got the call to set up the interview with the 2 HR folks within days of finishing my 4 days of AIDT training.Mattnal1, you say you just got back from your interview, was it the panel interview, 4 people? If so do you mind sharing what questions they asked and how the panel interview goes? Did they at least tell you if you were being interviewed for the carbon or stainless side of the business? Which part of the mill is starting in the spring? Thanks for any details you can give.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:05 AM

29 posts, read 167,091 times
That doesn't sound good. They are still doing some hiring, but I am afraid it is through back channels. I had sure hoped that this would work out. I am afraid maybe's and one and two years out is out of the question for me. For information NuCor steel is taking entry level applications for their Mt. Pleasant SC facility. Nucor Steel Berkeley

Old 11-19-2009, 01:53 PM

84 posts, read 262,238 times
Hey, guys - just so we don't get Nucor information mixed into the ThyssenKrupp thread, I started a Nucor thread in the Charleston, SC forum. I don't know how to make it sticky, though.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rott Weil View Post
Hey, guys - just so we don't get Nucor information mixed into the ThyssenKrupp thread, I started a Nucor thread in the Charleston, SC forum. I don't know how to make it sticky, though.
I think it is the monitors call.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
Just a quick heads up for those traveling a ways to classes - I left Mobile Thursday after last class, drove all night, and 10 minutes after my head hit the pillow the phone rang to schedule the first interview.
You might try to see if you could get the first interview on the calender before you leave Mobile after handing in your application. Don't know how much luck you'll have, but it can't hurt to try.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:27 AM

5 posts, read 12,419 times
Default Long ways

JacIII, When is your interview? I came from the same batch as you (Nov. 16-19), I also got a call for the first interview on the morning after the class ended, while I was on my way back to Los Angeles. The interview date is on Dec. 3, 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area